Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

world heroes perfect

Post by GHEMANT »

I have a question for marp.

In WHP there is a secret mode (MINIMUM mode), is possibile active this mode with a cheat.

This mode is like dangun feveron (time attack) and is very different from normal game. For me, is good idea 2 different caterogy for WHP:

-normal game
-minimum mode

the scoring system in both mode is total different.
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

If you don't take a decision i'll make a replay at minimum mode, a replay where i'll arrive at first place losing jaust after 3 characters. It's a sin that i could send such a trash only to be first and deleting that beautiful play at normal mode of 14 mln that i made.
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

GHEMANT wrote:If you don't take a decision i'll make a replay at minimum mode, a replay where i'll arrive at first place losing jaust after 3 characters. It's a sin that i could send such a trash only to be first and deleting that beautiful play at normal mode of 14 mln that i made.
Now we are talking...a threat works allways?

Why don't you put that inp here zipped, so we can see what this minimum mode actually is.
Also, I have no idea how to enter "minimum" mode?

Not too high hopes though, there has not really been fighter-splits at marp before, atleast no splits for different characters in one game.
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

Doberman.jp have a first position in WHP because him use a minimum mode. You can see this replay here:

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/5/a/7/mo ... _win77.zip

minimum mode: in characters select screen, press and hold A+B+C+D buttons (confirm chara) then, press down x 7 times.

In minimum mode you can't use a special and super moves, no throw, and your attack damage is 1/10.

but your score is X 10 times.

for exemple, if you wins 1 round with perfect in minum mode, you have about 3.000.000 pts.
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

GHEMANT wrote:
minimum mode: in characters select screen, press and hold A+B+C+D buttons (confirm chara) then, press down x 7 times.

In minimum mode you can't use a special and super moves, no throw, and your attack damage is 1/10.

but your score is X 10 times.
So in other words, it's same game and same opponets with different scoring and difficulty...and lesser moves.
I don't think we want to make new entry/split for every secret mode available out there.

...I assume if we have to choose from normal play and secret mode("minimum") play - normal play would be preferred. Normal play has all the moves and secret mode has "unfair" scoring.

I think we should make rules for whp, that use of this secret mode("minimum") is NOT allowed...and zero doberman's inp.

Sounds reasonable? Ghemant...Doberman.jp...Barry...BBH...
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

ok is reasonable, thanks
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Any editor feel free to edit special rules for Worl Heroes Perfect, and zero Doberman.jp's score of 14 872 700.
Special rules:

Code: Select all

Use of "secret code" is NOT allowed.<br>
<font size=-1>[secret code:  in character select screen, press and hold A+B+C+D buttons (confirm chara) then, press down x 7 times] </font><p>
<a href="http://forums.marpirc.net/viewtopic.php?t=12200">discussion</a> 
Check here, thank you
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

Done Special Rules and zeroed Doberman.jp's score.
Frankie