[POLL] MULTIPLE BUTTON MAPPING (take2)

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

przeciumek
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by przeciumek »

What about my previous INP records? For example: Top secret, Tutankham etc. where I used more than one key for the same button simultaneously. I Have to record this again?! If yes... I think you dont care about ordinary players who PLAY FOR FUN . I`m stiil gameing just for fun, any way
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

a lot of people play for fun, but if you want to be fair that's a little different story. if you are competeing, everyone should be at the most identical level possible, that way you can have fair fun. you can also have fun and not compete :)
-skito
Patwos
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Patwos »

I didn't say I was any good at Crazy Climber - but then I wasn't particularly good in the arcades either. I just found I made much less mistakes using keyboard than I did with the Joysticks in the Arcades but then they were clumsy big joysticks in the Crazy Climber models I played here in NZ rather than the more standard sized arcade joysticks.

And yes, I have played piano in the past as well and also grew up loving a game called crossfire which was played with 9 keys. 4 directional firing and 4 directional movement with the space bar to stop moving. I also grew up playing space invaders and galaxians on machines that had no joysticks and played most of my Defender way back when using only buttons. I guess that helps - although my skills are somewhat less than yours based on your competition success etc.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Re: [POLL] MULTIPLE BUTTON MAPPING (take2)

Post by destructor »

Code: Select all

1.) At Marp, it is not permitted to use more than one key or button in MAME for the same arcade machine button simultaneously.

Example1: You map keys Q,W,E,R,T,Y to hypersports running button 1 and smash them simultaneously, to get unhuman button pushing speed ---NOT OK
Example2: You map 2 buttons and joystick to hypersports running buttons...you use joystick at all events, except at skeets you use buttons.(you don't use joystick and buttons same time) ---ok
Example3: At Tron you use analog joystick for movement, but at lightcycles you use keyboard ---ok
Assault (and probalby more games) is small 'exception'. Assault have 2 fire buttons.
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

destructor wrote: Assault (and probably more games) is small 'exception'. Assault have 2 fire buttons.
2 fire buttons, so?
Malibu
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by Malibu »

destructor wrote: Assault (and probalby more games) is small 'exception'. Assault have 2 fire buttons.
IIRC it does. I remember it having one trigger on each stick (at least the Atari Games dedicated upright cabinet that came out in the US).

http://www.fortunecity.com/marina/mudhouse/176/pics.htm
Here's part of someone's Assault page I just Googled up. The control panel shot with the original joystick seems to confirm that there are 2 buttons. I wonder if both the buttons are mapped to "Button 1" on the arcade.

The arcade cabinet has just one speaker, which is odd given the board's having 3D stereo sound.