American Football / Basketball Games In-built Scoring

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

Should American Football & Basketball games be scored based on the in-built scoring mechanisms provided by some games?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 10, 2003 12:27 pm

Yes, the scoring mechanism of the game should be used.
100%
No, the scoring mechanism to be decided by MARP must be used
No votes

Total votes: 6

Barthax
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

American Football / Basketball Games In-built Scoring

Post by Barthax »

Hi all, I'm assuming the vote for a full-game of American Football / Basketball is well and truly over and that the scoring mechanisms need be decided.

This poll is for whether games with in-built scoring mechanisms (the All American Football (aafb*) games, for example) should be scored based on the in-built scoring or from a MARP-created scoring mechanism.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

If a game has it's own scoring system, then that is what should be used, period.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Mr. Kelly R. Flewin »

mahlemiut wrote:If a game has it's own scoring system, then that is what should be used, period.
I am in COMPLETE agreeance with this

Kelly
Just a gaming junkie looking for his next High Score fix.
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

An old thread, but after the 100% vote, things weren't be fixed.
That's done now.

Barthax's score of 392000 has been zeroed, because he played a full game (Wash vs Hous. 60-49) using 20 credits, instead of 1 as usually allowed (it was the period when we choose for several sports game like baseball or basketball to use multiple credits for full games).

All other inputs were ok and has been edited, except one:
http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/6/e/b/oa ... n37b10.zip

Already confirmed :
Wed Nov 7 02:57:00 2001 : Francois Daniel (wfra) confirmed the aafb score of 12 by theOakster (oak)

The problem is that there was a rom change around m56, I haven't the old one and can't see the salary score at the end (should be very good, it's the only inp with 2 touchdowns).
Can someone help ?
François? Chad ?
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

hmm i tried to play the w37b10 back in w37b10 but can't get anything but test screens after a short while and different teams start when nosound or with nvram is used, but with sound and with out nvram i get denver and miami and it never starts the game. w37b10 doesn't complain about bad roms so i think i have the old one.
-skito