Knights of the Round - tips and tricks, FAQ

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Crayfish
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Re: wow

Post by Crayfish »

BBH wrote:
Crayfish wrote:Btw, has anyone got any Percval replays, or 2/3 player replays?
http://zunzunteikoku.hp.infoseek.co.jp/ ... es&prt=449

there are a few multiplayer replays here, apparently one is a hack where two people are using Perceval at the same time, lol.
Lol, well what more could I ask for? Soz m8, I get a 403 forbidden message with that link, could you supply a different one?

There seems to be a few hacked CPS1 scrollers around, I've seen pics of a hacked WOF (Sangoushi2) where you can play some of the bosses, would love to play that.
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

Crayfish wrote:
BBH wrote:
Crayfish wrote:Btw, has anyone got any Percval replays, or 2/3 player replays?
http://zunzunteikoku.hp.infoseek.co.jp/ ... es&prt=449

there are a few multiplayer replays here, apparently one is a hack where two people are using Perceval at the same time, lol.
Lol, well what more could I ask for? Soz m8, I get a 403 forbidden message with that link, could you supply a different one?

There seems to be a few hacked CPS1 scrollers around, I've seen pics of a hacked WOF (Sangoushi2) where you can play some of the bosses, would love to play that.
oops my bad, you can't link directly to the section I guess, how lame.

You'll have to copy-paste that link directly into your browser, don't click on it.
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

BBH wrote:

You'll have to copy-paste that link directly into your browser, don't click on it.
Works fine for me. Probably the referrer header thing again.

viewtopic.php?t=12278
John Cunningham (JTC)
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

Weehawk wrote:
BBH wrote:

Works fine for me. Probably the referrer header thing again.

viewtopic.php?t=12278
the referrer header thing was great for a while, but some websites wouldn't work because they're so picky about the links coming from the right place, so I had to switch it back.
mmxx
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by mmxx »

Crayfish wrote: There seems to be a few hacked CPS1 scrollers around, I've seen pics of a hacked WOF (Sangoushi2) where you can play some of the bosses, would love to play that.
:lol: hacked WOF just use boss??NO!We even hacked CPS1 game "dino" into WOF(WOF&DINO),you can choose every boss and beat the dinoin every stage. that's more crazy,Do you think so?ha. EZ max skills
I'm a chinese boy.I just like "NO MISS ALL",but not always the scores
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

BBH wrote:the referrer header thing was great for a while, but some websites wouldn't work because they're so picky about the links coming from the right place
True, but I haven't run across enough that I preferred to start sending them again.

And it's a matter of principle. I don't want my browser giving away that information. I think it should be the default not to send it and sites that don't like it deserve to lose the traffic.

[/rant]
John Cunningham (JTC)
Crayfish
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by Crayfish »

Wow thanks alot tfor that link!. It has the relays Ive always wanted, 3 player Knights of the round, 3 player WOF, D&D, Golden Axe ROTD, 4 player Battle Circuit even multiplayer DeathBrade!!!
I thought after years of serching and contributing here I may come up with 20% of what is on that site. Thankyou BBH :)

btw the cut and past method did the business, cheers.
Crayfish
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by Crayfish »

mmxx wrote:
Crayfish wrote: There seems to be a few hacked CPS1 scrollers around, I've seen pics of a hacked WOF (Sangoushi2) where you can play some of the bosses, would love to play that.
:lol: hacked WOF just use boss??NO!We even hacked CPS1 game "dino" into WOF(WOF&DINO),you can choose every boss and beat the dinoin every stage. that's more crazy,Do you think so?ha. EZ max skills
Those sound bonkers, would really appreciate it if anyone could pm me abtout any of these hacks. Btw these ae the pics of the hacked WOF I mentioned.
Attachments
hcked wof.jpg
hcked wof.jpg (56.75 KiB) Viewed 10057 times
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Crayfish wrote:Anyway, I've uploaded here prolly my alltime fave game replay. Its not really abt scoring tricks, but features some really skillful play and interesting boss strategies (esp Arlon, Balbars & Garibaldi). Everything U need to watch the movie is here, its from the old Callus emu (remeber that?) recorded: 20/07/98 player: Landy
http://rapidshare.de/files/16178131/Lan ... R.rar.html
I watched it. I have one question only - do you use mapping buttons? It seems to map button 1 and 2 for "rotation hit".
I ask because I know very good this game and I use mapping buttons for some movies too :P But on keyboard only, on arcade stick I don't must map buttons.
Crayfish
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by Crayfish »

As far as I know, Callus doesnt allow you to map buttons. The player may have had a joystick that allowed this tho...
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Hm... then you use joystick? You can still map buttons inside joystick.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Short.
Here is address in memory -> FF89D6. When value this address is 00 or 30 or 50 or 60 or 90 or A0 or C0 or F0 and next you hit "big_item" (chest or set of cups or basker of fruits ...) you get special item.

"big_item" -> special item
Set of cups -> 1UP
Fruits basket -> 2UP (you must have 0 lives in reserve before hit basket)
Silver chest -> red bomb
Treasure chest -> magic wand
Salad -> green bomb

Easiest to do are 2UP on stage 3-1, magic wand on stage 3-1 and 1UP on stage 3-2.
Why easiest? Because on these stages are Bird Mans. For what are Bird Mans? If we kill Bird Man (using one hit) when he RUN value of FF89D6 is xF always! (x knows first digit in hex, can be 0, 1, 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E,F). Then, we kill Bird Man and our address value is xF and now we hit wooden barier, our value is increased by 1. This knows than our value is x0 now! Then if first digit our value is 0 or 3 or 5 or 6 or 9 or A or C or F after hit "big_item" we get special item.

But remember, no other enemies can move on screen and no new enemies can be added to screen bacuse our value of FF89D6 will change.

Stage 3-1 -> kill Bird Man when he run -> hit upper wooden barrier -> hit fruits basket -> 2UP (but remember, for 2UP icon you must have 0 lives in reserve before hit basket)
Stage 3-1 -> kill Bird Man when he run -> hit lower wooden barrier -> hit treasure chest -> magic wand
Stage 3-2 -> kill Bird Man (who appear from left) when he run -> hit lower wooden barrier -> hit set of cups -> 1UP

Next part of tips read from this place:
viewtopic.php?p=39130#39130

PS. Thanks to QRS who show me 2UP icon and some ideas during Knockout tournament. Where is QRS???
Last edited by destructor on Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by TRB_MetroidTeam »

destructor wrote:Short.
Are you sure??? :D
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions
MJS
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by MJS »

destructor wrote:Short.
Here is address in memory -> FF89D6. When value this address is 00 or 30 or 50 or 60 or 90 or A0 or C0 or F0 and next you hit "big_item" (chest or set of cups or basker of fruits ...) you get special item.

"big_item" -> special item
Set of cups -> 1UP
Fruits basket -> 2UP (you must have 0 lives in reserve before hit basket)
Silver chest -> red bomb
Treasure chest -> magic wand
Salad -> green bomb

Easiest to do are 2UP on stage 3-1, magic wand on stage 3-1 and 1UP on stage 3-2.
Why easiest? Because on these stages are Bird Mans. For what are Bird Mans? If we kill Bird Man when he RUN value of FF89D6 is xF always! (x knows first digit in hex, can be 0, 1, 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E,F). Then, we kill Bird Man and our address value is xF and now we hit wooden barier, our value is increased by 1. This knows than our value is x0 now! Then if first digit our value is 0 or 3 or 5 or 6 or 9 or A or C or F we have 50% chances that after hit "big_item" we get special item (50% is theoretically, because I get special item almost always;))

But remember, no other enemies can move on screen and no new enemies can be added to screen bacuse our value of FF89D6 will change.

Stage 3-1 -> kill Bird Man when he run -> hit upper wooden barrier -> hit fruits basket -> 2UP (but remember, for 2UP icon you must have 0 lives in reserve before hit basket)
Stage 3-1 -> kill Bird Man when he run -> hit lower wooden barrier -> hit treasure chest -> magic wand
Stage 3-2 -> kill Bird Man (who appear from left) when he run -> hit lower wooden barrier -> hit set of cups -> 1UP

I still don't know how to control value of FF89D6 on other places, where no Bird Mans.
Thanks for sharing your findings Destructor!
Very interesing stuff!!!

New replay from you soon? :wink:
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

MJS wrote:New replay from you soon? :wink:
Maybe about october-december.