Voting for the MARP 2006 Election begins momentarily at 2006 December 1, 00:00 GMT, and will end on 2006 December 10, 23:59 GMT
MARP members are encouraged to vote for the following:
Knockout Coordinator Chairman
(vote for 1 candidate):
b) Marco Marocco
NOTE: All of the above will be Knockout Coordinators since there are only 3 candidates for the 3 positions. This vote is only for who will be the Chairman.
Editor Confidence Votes
For each MARP Editor, please vote Yes or No on whether you have confidence in the editor:
1) Mahlemiut (Barry Rodewald)
2) BBH (Matt Hall)
3) Phil Lamat
4) Frankie (Michael Bruhn)
5) Skito ("Chad" Hurwitz)
6) QRS (Anders Svensson)
7) ***PL*** (Pat Laffaye)
The following positions had candidates running unopposed, so there is no need to vote for these positions:
: Phil Lamat
: Phil Lamat
Time Trial Coordiantor
: Jason Dyer
HOW TO VOTE
: Votes can be either PMed to me or e-mailed to me at email@example.com
(you must e-mail from the e-mail account registered with your MARP account or forum account). I would prefer votes be cast by PM. When voting please list both your forum name and your MARP account name if they are different. VOTES POSTED TO THIS THREAD WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!
1) Any member whose first recording was created after July 1st, 2006 is not allowed to vote.
2) Members must have a total of at least 10 MARP submissions or postings on the MARP forum combined during 2006 to be eligible to vote.
3) Exceptions to vote can be petitioned to any editor. If the petitioner receives a majority vote of the editors, the exception is granted. If the editors fail to achieve a majority on either side of a petition within 72 hours after the petition was written, the petitioner automatically earns the right to vote. Editors can immediately grant petitions at any time by a majority vote.
4) The editors have a right to reject the voting rights of any individual by a 2/3 vote of all editors. Any ruling of this nature can be overruled by a 2/3 vote of the general public.
: Begins 2006 December 1, 00:00 GMT, Ends 2006 December 10, 23:59 GMT
Editor Confidence Voting Rules Summary
- Anyone receiving less than 50% confidence is removed from office and placed on probation for a term of at least six months.
- If there are less than five votes on any editor, that person remains as an editor regardless.
- If the number of editors thrown out brings the total number of editors to less than five, then the five editors with the most percentage remain as editors.
: I will not be accepting write-in votes. This is because of the openness of the nomination process and the lack of provision for write-in votes in the MARP election procedures.
Coordinator Position Descriptions
- Must maintain the regulation rules web page when necessary. Must report the update to the assistant and main web page maintainers.
- Must enforce the voting of any relevant regulation votes.
- Can extend any particular vote from the default of seven days for any good reason.
- Can reduce the length or reject any particular vote from the default of seven days for any good reason. However, this decision can be overruled by a 2/3 vote from the general public.
- May reject a game for the tournament for any good reason.
- May choose the final x games of the tournament at any point up to seven days in advance of the beginning of the tournament. He may change the games after this point only by a 2/3 vote from the general public.
- May set any rule for the tournament as long as the spirit of the tournament remains intact up to seven days in advance of the beginning of the tournament. He may change rules after this point only by a 2/3 vote from the general public.
- Must organize at least one public meeting before the tournament and run that meeting.
- Must enforce the rules of the tournament at all times.
- Must attempt to advertise the tournament before and after the tournament.
Knockout (MAME Championship) Coordinators
(there are 3 Knockout Coordinators)
- Can choose any game for any round at any point. They may change the game before it is announced, but cannot change the game unless agreed to by a 2/3 vote from the general public after the game is announced.
- Can choose any format for the MAME Championships at any point before the tournament begins. They can only change the format after a tournament begins by a 2/3 vote from the general public.
- Must enforce the rules of the MAME Championships at all times.
- Must attempt to advertise the MAME Championships before and after the tournament.
- (Knockout Chairman Only) Must organize at least one public meeting before the tournament and run those meetings unless he designates another coordinator to do this job.
Week Challenge Championship (WCC) Coordinator
- Organize and run the Week Challenge Championship
- Organize and run the MARP Olympiad
Time Trial Coordinator
- Organize and run the Time Trial Competition
for general MARP Election Procedures
Edited on 12/10 to state that Mahlemiut was the only candidate for tournament coordinator.