Dodonpachi's Western Ranking

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

BR1
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Dodonpachi's Western Ranking

Post by BR1 »

Hello everybody!

My name is Bruno and I'm from Italy.

I'm a great lover of Arcade games since I was young (and now I'm 29 :D).
My favourite game is Dodonpachi: I've been playing it for 2 years and my best recorded score is 149.027.230.

I don't know if I can post link to other forums so I won't, but I've the Inp recorded with wolfmame and a couple of video (.AVI).
Unfortunately I play with autofire (as in Japanese arcade centers) so I cannot post the inp here on marp. :cry:

I've decided to make this topic here on marp because I'd like to know what are the best scores in a hypotetical "Western DDP Ranking".

These are the scores I've heard about:

1) The Western Top Player should be the amazing Sikraiken with his 530M 2-ALL Run

2) The second Jinx and his 260M run

I've heard that even the mighty Destructor have been playing DDP for some time. I wonder if he ever released his top Score.
Bernard Doria (the guy who wrote the wondeful Beepraying guide) told me he never got high scores.

So i simply ask you if anybody knows about other good Western DDP scores.

Thank You all! :D :wink:
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

marp doesn't accept autofire but i'm sure everyone would like to see your inp, you are welcomed to post it here (i think as attachemnt or) as a refering link to where you can download it. of course here are the marp non autofire submissions.

http://marp.retrogames.com/r/ddonpach

welcome! I think des is a donpach player more so than a dodonpatch player, but i'm sure he has some tips to tell. It's nice to see someone with their first post and have them NOT be spam :)
-skito
BR1
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by BR1 »

Chad wrote:marp doesn't accept autofire but i'm sure everyone would like to see your inp, you are welcomed to post it here (i think as attachemnt or) as a refering link to where you can download it. of course here are the marp non autofire submissions.

http://marp.retrogames.com/r/ddonpach
Well, thank you! :D
Here you can find my videos. In the scoreboard section you'll find the inp and in the videos section the .avi files.
Chad wrote: welcome! I think des is a donpach player more so than a dodonpatch player, but i'm sure he has some tips to tell. It's nice to see someone with their first post and have them NOT be spam :)
Nono, no spam at all! :D
I like very much to see great arcade players: I have dozens of marp's replays (especially shmups :D)!
I've noticed that here on marp there's a lot of spam (probably even bots). I wonder why? Mods just have to delete their posts, but it must be quite boring... :?
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

I will back to DDP when I double my DP score.
I don't understand why you use autofire in DDP. Do you not use laser? Or maybe you have laser under next button?
BR1
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by BR1 »

destructor wrote:I will back to DDP when I double my DP score.
I don't understand why you use autofire in DDP. Do you not use laser? Or maybe you have laser under next button?
I've been playing DDP for months without autofire, then I was told that the original Cave setup is usually:

A: Shot
B: Bomb
C: Full Auto

Every Cave's arcade cab has the third button: this games are just meant to be played this way. So I decided to use it! :lol:

In Dodonpachi, as a matter of fact, autofire isn't useful: if you wanna chain you have to switch hundreds of times between shot and laser.
Probably is the last game to choose if you wanna just put a stone on the button and forget about everything else! :lol: :lol:

Hurry up with DP: It would be amazing to see a yours DDP 2-ALL run! :P 8)
_Zaphod_
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by _Zaphod_ »

Yeah. only HARDWARE autofire is not allowed in MARP. Cave games that have a full auto on button C, the full auto on button C should be okay to enable.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Only if it's enabled by default. It isn't. This falls under the "easier than defaults" rule.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

I watch some replays (over 700mln scores) from emu-zone and I don't know if they are fake or not :? No bomb, no miss - 2-ALL, extra manoeuvres in bullets hail, full (or almost full) chains on every level :? Maybe these players have special implants in eyes?
http://www4.emu-zone.org/corner/wt/view.asp?id=2955

EDIT
I see Barry say that these replays are fake (I thought the same too).
viewtopic.php?t=12036

But Arcadia/Gamest records are in 700mln range still. How these guys play? 8O Huh.
Novice
The greatest info supplyer

Post by Novice »

destructor wrote:I watch some replays (over 700mln scores) from emu-zone and I don't know if they are fake or not :? No bomb, no miss - 2-ALL, extra manoeuvres in bullets hail, full (or almost full) chains on every level :? Maybe these players have special implants in eyes?
http://www4.emu-zone.org/corner/wt/view.asp?id=2955

EDIT
I see Barry say that these replays are fake (I thought the same too).
viewtopic.php?t=12036

But Arcadia/Gamest records are in 700mln range still. How these guys play? 8O Huh.
From my data....
Dodonpachi Type-A 748 million.
MAX HIT COMBO=926
REMAINING SHIPS=5.(1miss at 2-7)

some players has a little higher skill than marpers.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Yes, I know. But emu-zone replays looks as fake.
zlk
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by zlk »

Yes, the emuzone replay is fake. It was done by takuro and on his webpage he stated that he used slowdown to record it. Here is his webpage:

http://park5.wakwak.com/~poo/

The player who legitimately scored 748m in ddp is sof-wtn. He recently set the world record in donpachi of 64m. Here is the sof webpage:

http://www.cablenet.ne.jp/~works-k/sof.htm

There is no video of the 748m available. There is no video of the donpachi run either.

There is a video of SOF-ZBL-NAI scoring 710m in ddp with the C-S ship.
It is can still be bought in Japan. The video is described on the webpage above in the product section.

The world record C-S player who scored 722m has the run on tape. He showed the video to people once in an arcade, thought about selling the video, but for some reason decided not to. There was a webpage talking about this, but now it is down.
The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by The_Pro »

zlk wrote: There is no video of the 748m available. There is no video of the donpachi run either.
BOOOOOOOO!
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

Novice wrote: From my data....
Dodonpachi Type-A 748 million.
MAX HIT COMBO=926
REMAINING SHIPS=5.(1miss at 2-7)
1 miss in stage 2-7 = 18.000.000 pts missing

theoretical score with no miss is 766.000.000

about video, is very bad news that not exist a VHS recording.
zlk
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by zlk »

Here is the homepage of the 722m C-S player:

http://homepage2.nifty.com/hokekyo/
Last edited by zlk on Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

zlk wrote:Here is the homepage of the 722m C-S player:

http://homepage2.nifty.com/hokekyo/
Is chance to see any of these pages in English language? :evil: