It's about the high score of Metal Slug 3

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

tk2007 wrote:Hey! I never sweared about Jinx's score.
I didnt say that u doctoring images, just that images are not proof and u agreed.
You implied that we were doctoring the pics, seeing how you wouldn't believe it just from the images we posted.
I'd say his posts(ghemant) are completely justified though
U shouldnt support some1 who just say crazy things and scores without proofs.
He called me troll but u believe hes "completely justified though" :?
And yet you said what GHEMANT was saying in his posts was "bull shit".

See, here's the thing - you might be a pretty good player. But getting 1st place on a few arcade machines in your city doesn't mean you're the absolute best. The world is a pretty big place, after all. No matter how good you think you are, 99.9% of the time there's going to be someone better. That's just the way it is.

as has been posted in his pictures, GHEMANT has an extensive collection of Gamest/Arcadia magazines, which publish Japanese high scores. He's transcribed those scores onto a website to share with the internet for free. In addition to that, as he's said he has played the first few Metal Slug games quite a bit. And yet you think all the scores he's claimed are "bull shit". You see, the entire world doesn't use MAME to prove their scores. There are players that would rather play on the real hardware, which is completely understandable of course. And yes, sometimes DVD's and .avi's do exist for those crazy scores. But, why would GHEMANT want to help you obtain those now when you insist there's no way for those scores to be possible? It's like talking to a brick wall.

Like I said, learn some humility. You're not the best player in the world. Be more polite when you're asking for information on scores you just don't believe.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

tk2007 wrote:The fact is that I made a terrible mistake...I feel sorry because I was in rush to call this file fake, I acted unexptectedly and dont know why maybe because I received a pressure to bring a similar score.
even though he's in the hole, this apology makes up for a lot... I'm giving him some slack anway, he's just starting to upload to a world environment, it can be a big shock...
-skito
tk2007
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by tk2007 »

Well well,
I tried for 3 days but I didnt go more than 2 millions :-&
After 5 years its not easy...plus that I have not a coin-op joystick.
If u ask me before 5 years it would be a piece of cake. Then came the law!(in my country video games r forbidden since 2002!-true :lol: )
Well, I ll make a break now beacause I want get back the first place in ultimatearcade's pacman(http://www.ultimatearcade.com/classic/games/pacman.html)then I ll come back for ms3, I ll make howsever more than 6.8 millions.
Now here's an idea: invest your time in playing instead of posting... please!
These days I made a 4th place score in ms pacman, a 7th in junior pacman, and a 2nd place in junior pengo, a 4th place in pacmania japan, a 2nd place in winter heat, a 4th place in Street Hoop. I played many many hours to achieve these places...plus another 20-30 hours for metal slug 3 etc :)
But getting 1st place on a few arcade machines in your city doesn't mean you're the absolute best. The world is a pretty big place, after all. No matter how good you think you are, 99.9% of the time there's going to be someone better. That's just the way it is
Of course yes, u have right in this. I never said I m the best in ms3(Only for one game I m sure I m the absolute best: DECATHLETE! :D )
But talking for fantastic scores without proofs is out of the question. Any1 could say anything. This is the reality.
EMULATE DECATHLETE NOW!!!
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

tk2007 wrote:(in my country video games r forbidden since 2002!-true :lol: )
Which country is that?
...and why...

(Many might not know this, but in Thailand prostitution is against the law. lol but true)
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

tk2007 wrote:Only for one game I m sure I m the absolute best: DECATHLETE! :D
Nice. Although I'm pretty sure I'd kick anyone's butt in that game with little practice, even yours...I'm kind of good and fast in these type of games played with buttons...
:wink:
tk2007
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by tk2007 »

There is only one country in the world that video games r forbidden....
](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
The most beautiful country but full of low brain politicians... ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Are u sure u dont know which country is it? :idea:

PS. Politicians confused video games with slot machines, thats why they created this law. U can sell videogames but not to play them, even in your pc :lol:

:-({|=
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

I don't know, China?
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

John Cunningham (JTC)
tk2007
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by tk2007 »

Nice. Although I'm pretty sure I'd kick anyone's butt in that game with little practice, even yours...I'm kind of good and fast in these type of games played with buttons...
needs speed+technique.
Its about the 10 events of Decathlete. Phil knows :)
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Greece...WTF...

Ridiculous. I recall playing old classics in Greece back in the golden age.
tk2007
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by tk2007 »

Yes, Greece, the european football & basketball champion.
DRN
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DRN »

Well I never, you learn something new every day! That's just madness. I've been to greece a few times and now you mention it, I don't ever recall seeing a video game. Now I know why!

Slot machines, I could sort of see there mad reasoning behind this, as wrong as it is, but home computers?? How the hell do they enforce that? Well obviously they can't because you , and probably 95% of Greece are playing them! :lol:
Darren
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

tk2007 wrote:After 5 years its not easy...plus that I have not a coin-op joystick.
I'm sure you can learn how to play on keyboard (shmup games are exception and some other too). Beatem'up games are not hard on keyboard like Metal Slug, Shinobi, Knights of the Round ... You can still buy Arcade Stick.
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

tk2007 wrote:Then came the law!(in my country video games r forbidden since 2002!-true :lol: )
Wait a second, so you're a criminal and want us to aid and abet you in learning how to be a better criminal?
Last edited by Zhorik on Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mmxx
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by mmxx »

15680000+ winkawaks1.46 :cry:

.......No use replay,I hate no hurt RCP inp from now on!@!
RCP inp=cheat :cry:
I'm a chinese boy.I just like "NO MISS ALL",but not always the scores