Long John Silver
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by Long John Silver »

Hi, I'm from Caribbean ocean. :twisted:
Novice
The greatest info supplyer

Post by Novice »

Still recruitment,then add one more novice.

From Japan.
not played game for 3 years at all.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

A couple of points:

1) Since there are a number of new MARP members that will be playing in K6, I strongly recommend they all submit a score to MARP on something before the tournament begins. It doesn't need to be a good score, but it will give them a chance to learn the MARP submission process, make sure they understand how to create recordings, and make sure the recordings they create can be played back by others. It's better to learn these things before the tournament begins then to make mistakes during the tournament.

2) Marco, correct me if I'm wrong, but it isn't strictly necessary to register for K6 on this thread, right? Even after the first game is announced (and even in the 2nd or 3rd week), it's possible to join the tournament by just submitting a recording on that week's tournament game. This thread has been great for generating interest, but you can still join even if you didn't post on this thread.

-George
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

I think the total number of players should be known before hand especially if there is no qualifying round, no?

heck, if novice is going to play, then lets add a beginner. I'll take a stab at reaching the coveted loser of the losers bracket :) add me to the list, usa.
Last edited by Chad on Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Chad wrote:I think the total number of players should be known before hand especially if there is no qualifying round, no?
Marco's note on the K6 Announcement thread said
Marco wrote:In order to enter K6, it is sufficient to send your inps to MARP with the subscription ”K6” after the start of the championship; in every case, we will open a topic on the forum entitled “K6 list of players”, in which every player can announce (not forced, but pleasant) his participation, showing the country that s/he comes from.
So posting in this thread isn't required. Given the number of players, the initial elimination after 3 weeks will be pretty big. I don't think that's a bad thing though. The only reason we'd need to know the number of players ahead of time would be in case the rules need adjusting. As the rules read right now, during the first 3 weeks only the top 38 players each week receive any points towards the first elimination. With 60+ players it means a lot of players won't receive any points, and there's no difference between placing 39th and placing 62nd for one of the first 3 weeks. Given the large field, I'd recommend the coordinators increase the point scale so that more points are awarded for the top places each week, but points are also awarded deeper into the field.
Marco Marocco
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by Marco Marocco »

Thanks thanks thanks to everyone of you ...
I'm very happy we have here Novice San, may be also others Japanese players will join ... Dan ... :)

George is right:

1) NEW MEMBERS, TRY TO SEND SOMETHING BEFORE THE START AND READ RULES FOR SUBMISSION (REMEMEBER THE ZIP SHOULD INCLUDE INP.FILE + WLF.FILE)
2) IT'S POSSIBILE TO JOIN K6 TILL THE PHASE 3 OF ROUND 1 (IN OTHERS WORDS, IT'S POSSIBLE TO BEGIN K6 ALSO FROM 2TH OR 3TH GAME, OF COURSE HAVING LESS CHANCES TO MOVE ON ROUND 2)
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

also note that recently some days the scripting part of the site hasn't been working so submissions on those days isn't possible.

due to the within 48 hours of playing rule...we need a thread for K6 to submit through the forums if we can't get the submission script to work.

all playing should make a favorite linking directly to this forum as sometimes all of the scoreboard part of the site can be down....and the forums still up.
diabolik
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by diabolik »

Novice wrote:Still recruitment,then add one more novice.

From Japan.
not played game for 3 years at all.
8O Novice-san is participating! Nice! This is going to be the toughest MARP tournament ever! Lots of good players.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

The forums are hosted on a different server, which seymour pays for, mostly through donations.

MARP itself, is hosted by ZTNet, for free, but it pretty much "you get what you pay for" at time. :)

Uploading INPs here would be fine if MARP is down, but do be aware that there is about a 256k filesize limit for attachments. You can also upload it elsewhere, and post a link to it.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Marco Marocco
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by Marco Marocco »

IMPORTANT:

DUE TO THE NUMBER OF PLAYERS AND ACCORDING WITH ZHORIK,

IT'S NECESSARY TO CHANGE THE SCORE SYSTEM OF STAGE 1:
FOR EACH GAME OF STAGE 1.

PTS 70 for 1ST, 60 for 2ND, 55 for 3RD, then 50 pts for 4TH, - 1 for the others.

TOP 53 PLAYERS GET POINTS

This to create competition also for lower places.

Later I'll edit the rules
BDF
Button Masher
Button Masher

LINKS PLEASE

Post by BDF »

TJT : LOL :lol: for the picture.
Marco Marocco wrote:1) NEW MEMBERS, TRY TO SEND SOMETHING BEFORE THE START AND READ RULES FOR SUBMISSION
Can you please give links for both submission and rules ?

It is a great idea to give the country of players. Thank you.
Jerome
Marco Marocco
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by Marco Marocco »

link for submission (uploading zip.file) to MARP

http://marp.retrogames.com/index.cgi?tu ... mode=fetch

in "optional description" you have to write: K6

rules of submissions for K6 you can find in the topic "near by" in this forum, but I link however

viewtopic.php?t=14272

Remember: if uploading is down you can attach zip.file directly to this forum (in case of down, it's better everyone create a direct link to this forum)
MJS
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by MJS »

Potante's country should say Spain (Madrid is the city).
Marco Marocco
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by Marco Marocco »

now the forum seems to be up after some hours of problems
in case of problems for the first game look here

http://marp.retrogames.com/index.cgi?tu ... score=with

but I hope everything will be ok and GB9 in 4 hours about will post in this forum the thread of the first game

enjoy, do your best and see you tomorrow 6.30 italian Hour :wink:
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

please edit your link to include "&maxlines=50" otherwise the database may be running forever for people who let it go and go after clicking...!
-skito