Voting for the MARP 2007 Election has begun and will end on 2007 December 10, 23:59 GMT.
MARP members are encouraged to vote for the following:
(vote for 3
b) Marco Marocco
Editor Confidence Votes
For each MARP Editor, please vote Yes or No on whether you have confidence in the editor:
1) Mahlemiut (Barry Rodewald)
2) BBH (Matt Hall)
3) Phil Lamat
4) Frankie (Michael Bruhn)
5) Skito ("Chad" Hurwitz)
6) ***PL*** (Pat Laffaye)
The following positions had candidates running unopposed, so there is no need to vote for these positions:
The following positions had no candidates:
Time Trial Coordinator
HOW TO VOTE
IMPORTANT: Send Editor Confidence votes to Zhorik. Send Knockout Coordinator votes to mahlemiut.
Editor Confidence votes should either be PMed to Zhorik or e-mailed to him at email@example.com
Knockout Coordinator votes should either be PMed to mahlemiut or e-mailed to him at his email address (bsr at xnet.co.nz).
When voting please list both your forum name and your MARP account name if they are different. If voting by e-mail, you must e-mail from the e-mail account registered with your MARP account or forum account. Editor Confidence votes sent to mahlemiut or Knockout Coordinator votes sent to Zhorik will not be counted. VOTES POSTED TO THIS THREAD WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!
If you have any questions about how to vote, please post them on this thread.
1) Any member whose first recording was created after July 1st, 2007 is not allowed to vote.
2) Members must have made a combined total of at least 10 MARP submissions or MARP forum postings during 2007 through November 30th to be eligible to vote.
3) Exceptions to vote can be petitioned to any editor. If the petitioner receives a majority vote of the editors, the exception is granted. If the editors fail to achieve a majority on either side of a petition within 72 hours after the petition was written, the petitioner automatically earns the right to vote. Editors can immediately grant petitions at any time by a majority vote.
4) The editors have a right to reject the voting rights of any individual by a 2/3 vote of all editors. Any ruling of this nature can be overruled by a 2/3 vote of the general public.
If you are not sure if you are eligible to vote, either PM me or post on this thread.
: Begins 2007 December 1, 00:00 GMT, Ends 2007 December 10, 23:59 GMT
Editor Confidence Voting Rules Summary
- Anyone receiving less than 50% confidence is removed from office and placed on probation for a term of at least six months.
- If there are less than five votes on any editor, that person remains as an editor regardless.
- If the number of editors thrown out brings the total number of editors to less than five, then the five editors with the most percentage remain as editors.
Knockout Coordinator Voting Rules Summary
a. Anyone who earns a majority vote (votes from greater than 50% of the voters) is elected to the position, provided more than 3 candidates do not receive a majority vote. If more than 3 candidates receive a majority vote, positions will be decided by the number of votes for each of those candidates.
b. If no majority is reached for all positions, any person who gets zero votes and the least number of votes greater than zero including ties are eliminated. If there are less people than available positions remaining, then only people getting zero votes are eliminated. A new vote is taken in any situation.
c. The Knockout Coordinator Chairman will be determined during the first round in which somebody receives a majority of votes. The candidate with the most votes during that round will be the Chairman. If there is a tie for the most votes in that round, a new vote between the tied candidates for Chairman be taken.
: I will not be accepting write-in votes. This is because of the openness of the nomination process and the lack of provision for write-in votes in the MARP election procedures.
Coordinator Position Descriptions
- Must maintain the regulation rules web page when necessary. Must report the update to the assistant and main web page maintainers.
- Must enforce the voting of any relevant regulation votes.
- Can extend any particular vote from the default of seven days for any good reason.
- Can reduce the length or reject any particular vote from the default of seven days for any good reason. However, this decision can be overruled by a 2/3 vote from the general public.
Knockout (MAME Championship) Coordinators
(there are 3 Knockout Coordinators)
- Can choose any game for any round at any point. They may change the game before it is announced, but cannot change the game unless agreed to by a 2/3 vote from the general public after the game is announced.
- Can choose any format for the MAME Championships at any point before the tournament begins. They can only change the format after a tournament begins by a 2/3 vote from the general public.
- Must enforce the rules of the MAME Championships at all times.
- Must attempt to advertise the MAME Championships before and after the tournament.
- (Knockout Chairman Only) Must organize at least one public meeting before the tournament and run those meetings unless he designates another coordinator to do this job.
Week Challenge Championship (WCC) Coordinator
- Organize and run the Week Challenge Championship
for general MARP Election Procedures
If you have questions about the Election Procedures, please PM me or post on this thread.