robocop

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

Chad
Tournament Coordinator

robocop

Post by Chad »

-skito
mahlemiut
Editor

Re: robocop

Post by mahlemiut »

I haven't been able to playback any of his Robocop inps, except for the mentioned 10m one. I just haven't tried the japanese version yet, but the others lose sync for me around the end of stage 2 or the first target range.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
AL
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by AL »

I watched the 10m INP also with no problems.

AL
HAL: " It's puzzling . I've never seen anything quite like this before..? "
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

al do you confirm that the 9millions do NOT playback? If so that's a third and these will be taken down to zero for lack of playbackability.
-skito
Abbe
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Abbe »

I can be the third. It doesn't playback for me either.
-Abbe
Alessandro.S
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Alessandro.S »

I just played back _successfully_ the 9913700 robocop inp using xwolfmame 0.104 with the 0.106 rom; he completes in 32m35s... I F10'd a bit because there are apparently places in the game where you don't do anything and points get racked up ?
Alessandro.S
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Alessandro.S »

I can also play back the 9897200 robocopj, always with xwolfmame 0.104 under Fedora 9.

Using wolf106 under Wine, it fails for me as well - the player dies in this game at the end of the 2nd stage, with the armored van coming in.
ZeroMax
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by ZeroMax »

Alessandro.S wrote:I can also play back the 9897200 robocopj, always with xwolfmame 0.104 under Fedora 9.

Using wolf106 under Wine, it fails for me as well - the player dies in this game at the end of the 2nd stage, with the armored van coming in.
I can confirm robocopj score too. Game finished in 32m55s. But only if use wolfmame 0.104 if i try with wolfmame 0.106 players dies at the end of second stage.
Maybe it's same for the other imps, we should use wolf 104 instead 106 .
FAD_BR
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by FAD_BR »

Hello to all.

About my .inps of Robocop, im my personal and old wolfmame 0.106, the playbacks works fine, but I tested the wolf106 downloaded from the site and the player dies in the confront with the second boss, but the playbacks still works fine in my wolfmame 0.106 here. what now?

Sorry my english.
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

FROM NEWS PAGE :

14th May, 2006
WolfMAME Plus 0.106 [7:30am] BR
Special note: NVRAM is disabled completely in this version. There is no way whatsoever to use NVRAM now, you can use -allownvram 'til you're blue in the face, and it won't do a thing. :)
[Download] - Win32 binaries, commandline and GUI, VC++ 2005 build.

15th May, 2006
WolfMAME Plus 0.106 re-uploaded [9:16pm] BR
I've re-uploaded WolfMAME Plus 0.106 with a fix for games on the Cave driver (and maybe others too). It is strongly recommended that you re-download, but the compile date will be later, so you can see which version was used through wlfview. Current version will be dated "16 May 2006". URL is the same as below.

My feeling is that you probably have the old version of wolf106 ;
easy to check :
in commandline type "mame -?" and see if the date is correct (16 May 2006) ;
I bet it isn't the good one
FAD_BR
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by FAD_BR »

I found the problem, put a "hiscore.dat" file in the root directory of the wolfmame 0.106 downloaded from MARP and all works fine.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Ok, another game that is screwed merely by the presence of hiscore.dat. Thank god MAMEdev removed it. :)

It should be noted that you ought to make recordings without hiscore.dat present, for playbackability reasons, even though MAME ignores .hi files when recording/playing back. I guess the hiscore.dat system does something silly with the affected area of RAM to make it not work exactly the same in a few games.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
FAD_BR
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by FAD_BR »

mahlemiut wrote:Ok, another game that is screwed merely by the presence of hiscore.dat. Thank god MAMEdev removed it. :)

It should be noted that you ought to make recordings without hiscore.dat present, for playbackability reasons, even though MAME ignores .hi files when recording/playing back. I guess the hiscore.dat system does something silly with the affected area of RAM to make it not work exactly the same in a few games.
But... I am need to play all the 3 Robocop games again? I am exausted... (tired) :(
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

Please post your hiscore.dat file on this message board, since i can't playback your recordings with my hiscore.dat. If there is a way to get files from the internet to playback the recordings you have submited, then there is no reason to record again as long as everyone can play the recordings back. thanks.
-skito
FAD_BR
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by FAD_BR »

Chad wrote:Please post your hiscore.dat file on this message board, since i can't playback your recordings with my hiscore.dat. If there is a way to get files from the internet to playback the recordings you have submited, then there is no reason to record again as long as everyone can play the recordings back. thanks.
Great! :)

I downloaded the hiscore.dat from net and wolf106 from MARP and tested, works good.

Thanks.
Attachments
hiscoredat.zip
Hiscore.dat
(65.71 KiB) Downloaded 763 times