K7 - Round 1 - Part 2 - View Point (viewpoin)

Discussion about the MAME Championships
http://sawys.ifrance.com/K7.htm

Moderator: Knockout Coordinators

Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Re: K7 - Round 1 - Part 2 - View Point (viewpoin)

Post by Kale »

sikraiken wrote:I'm not sure how well save states transfer from machine to machine, but it's attached (wolfmame106).
My guess is that you need to upload your default.cfg and viewpoin.cfg files as well,but it's strange,in theory save states are mainly for bug testing -> a talented player plays,saves the state and the developer use it for fixing purpose.
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Alright, here are those files. Make sure "Enable game cheats" is selected as well (under miscellaneous), or else the save state doesn't work I think. These files go in the cfg directory.

Stage 3 1-up requirements:
-Destroy the two black balls at the same time.
-Destroy all centipedes.

One time I got a star instead of a 1-up, somehow. Ghemant, a star is better than a 1-up score-wise (in-game scoring), but not with how your targets are set up. ; )
Attachments
defaultandviewpoin.zip
(770 Bytes) Downloaded 293 times
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

sikraiken wrote: Ghemant, a star is better than a 1-up score-wise (in-game scoring), but not with how your targets are set up. ; )
yes, I'm unison with you :mrgreen:

but.... :?:

every life = max 200.000 pts if you are a very good player in this game.
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

GHEMANT wrote:
sikraiken wrote: Ghemant, a star is better than a 1-up score-wise (in-game scoring), but not with how your targets are set up. ; )
yes, I'm unison with you :mrgreen:

but.... :?:

every life = max 200.000 pts if you are a very good player in this game.
Again, your targets. :D
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

If you want a high score without miss lives, you can obtain all 14 Nazo bonus :wink:
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

I don't know for others, but for me target A sucks : it forces me to restart level 1 80% of the time.
Should be able to claim the bonus if target has been reached once, even not in final inp
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Maybe if I had a VHS tape of the arcadia record like some people... ; )
The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by The_Pro »

Ok, now I got it to work and can indeed get the 6 stars very easily now doing the same things I was doing with my own state. Have no idea what the difference could be. Have you ever managed to get the 6 stars on a complete regular game?

I also noticed that using your state, the satellites near the end drop a star as the 3rd last item (lower right side of the screen). No matter what I do on my games I always get an F bomb (heh). Noticed the items there are sometimes bombs when you are in need of them but even with full bombs I always get the F.

Similar problem with the 1 up, I destroyed everything starting from the first bee wall and only got an F right before the caterpillar crossing.
Last edited by The_Pro on Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aurcade - Find the coin-op games you want to play!
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

sikraiken wrote:Maybe if I had a VHS tape of the arcadia record like some people... ; )
VHS isn't sufficient because arcadia record is with autofire. If you use autofire you obtain a nazo bonus with facility. But if you don't use, all game change. After many years, I can say that high score (like arcadia) is possible also without autofire, but all pattern change.
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

GHEMANT wrote:
sikraiken wrote:Maybe if I had a VHS tape of the arcadia record like some people... ; )
VHS it isn't sufficient because arcadia record is with autofire. If you use autofire you obtain a nazo bonus with facility. But if you don't use, all game change. After many years, I can say that high score (like arcadia) is possible also without autofire, but all pattern change.
It still gives you the great benefit over everyone else of seeing where the nazo are. I'll be getting the Mission Impossible 2, anyway.

The_Pro wrote:Ok, now I got it to work and can indeed get the 6 stars very easily now doing the same things I was doing with my own state. Have no idea what the difference could be. Have you ever managed to get the 6 stars on a complete regular game?

I also noticed that using your state, the satellites near the end drop a star as the 3rd last item (lower right side of the screen). No matter what I do on my games I always get an F bomb (heh). Noticed the items there are sometimes bombs when you are in need of them but even with full bombs I always get the F.

Similar problem with the 1 up, I destroyed everything starting from the first bee wall and only got an F right before the caterpillar crossing.
Yeah, I've managed to get 6 stars in a complete regular game. For the end of stage 6 and 1-up in stage 3, it seems like you need full bomb stock.
The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by The_Pro »

Ok, figured some things out. In order to get the six stars and the 1-up on the third level you must have three bombs, one of each kind. I didn't keep going but I'm 99% sure that this will also give you a star for the 3rd last item that would otherwise be an F.

In addition, you don't have to kill the black orbs on level 3 at the same time. I went the whole way without bombing.

I don't even know if I'll have time to take advantage of this, so swamped. If I don't upload something else by tuesday night then I won't at all.
Aurcade - Find the coin-op games you want to play!
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

The_Pro wrote:Ok, figured some things out. In order to get the six stars and the 1-up on the third level you must have three bombs, one of each kind. I didn't keep going but I'm 99% sure that this will also give you a star for the 3rd last item that would otherwise be an F.
8O

this game is so silly.
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Thanks for figuring that out, Martin.
ballas
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by ballas »

What is nazo?
KVD
Koos van Dyk
Johannesburg
SOUTH AFRICA
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

ballas wrote:What is nazo?
Your ship's side pods, which is equivalent to picking up a gold star if you already have them.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer