K7 - Round 3 - Don't Pull + Magical Drop III (bios japan 3)

Discussion about the MAME Championships
http://sawys.ifrance.com/K7.htm

Moderator: Knockout Coordinators

mahlemiut
Editor

Re: K7 - Round 3 - Don't Pull + Magical Drop III (bios japan 3)

Post by mahlemiut »

NotMan wrote:Uh...what? Does that means no confirmation and leaderboard updates until Nov. 10??? Who is going to check the player's score is correct, playback problems or cheating.

Well...guys (K7 coordinators). There are 3 of you and you guys better work as the team to keep the spirit of tourney going and keep the players happy, afaik. If you guys want to do that as Marco said. I may consider dropping out the tourney if those K7 coordinators don't work at team or being lazy not to do any confirmation/leaderboard until Nov 10. It's your call. :|

NotMan
Uhh... I think he means that this round will end on Nov 10.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

mahlemiut wrote:
NotMan wrote:Uh...what? Does that means no confirmation and leaderboard updates until Nov. 10??? Who is going to check the player's score is correct, playback problems or cheating.

Well...guys (K7 coordinators). There are 3 of you and you guys better work as the team to keep the spirit of tourney going and keep the players happy, afaik. If you guys want to do that as Marco said. I may consider dropping out the tourney if those K7 coordinators don't work at team or being lazy not to do any confirmation/leaderboard until Nov 10. It's your call. :|

NotMan
Uhh... I think he means that this round will end on Nov 10.
Mahlemiut is correct. This means the round ends on November 10th. When Chase HQ was originally swapped out for Don't Pull, Marco had posted that the coordinators were considering adding extra days to this round. His most recent post was to state that the coordinators decided there will be no extra days added to this round, and the round end date remains the original date of November 10th.
NotMan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by NotMan »

Uh..Zhorik! Marco didn't mentioned that deadline is on Nov. 10. I'm not sure exactly what Marco is trying to saying about ALL confirmations will be confirm at Nov 10. Well have 4-5 days left on this round. Oh well...carry on. :(

NotMan
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

NotMan wrote:Uh..Zhorik! Marco didn't mentioned that deadline is on Nov. 10. I'm not sure exactly what Marco is trying to saying about ALL confirmations will be confirm at Nov 10.
NotMan, Marco wrote, "After all, we confirm the end of Round 3 on November 10th 2008 19:59 GMT." What he meant (although his English wasn't perfect) was "We confirm that the end of Round 3 is on November 10th 2008 19:59 GMT".

Replays will continue to be confirmed on an ongoing basis as quickly as possible based on the availability and expertise of coordinators to confirm them. Sorry for any confusion and perceived delays.
Marco Marocco
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by Marco Marocco »

Sorry for misunderstanding, my english is too bad
Of course George is right
dan
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Re: K7 - Round 3 - Chase H. Q. + Magical Drop III (bios japan 3)

Post by dan »

franco.benedetti wrote: what the... :?
if you can do this scores in games that are not that fit...
I am not good at the drive game.
About magical drop,
If you copy my pattern, you will be able to get the same score or more.

Don't pull is good :)
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

since I'm sure someone is curious why I haven't submitted anything, I'm just going to come out and say that it's very unlikely I'm going to pass this round. Don't Pull is so bad I can't bring myself to play it at all (brings up bad memories of Tinkle Pit last year), and Magical Drop 3's vs. CPU mode is just horrible for scoring-based competition because it is so imbalanced. We'll see if I manage to find any time/motivation to play these over the weekend, but I don't think that's happening.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

Chad wrote:where is the link that shows the matchups of round 2? I'm curious to see who got beaten out of round 3.
bump, there was a non marp url that showed the K7 head to head matchups, can anyone show where this link was?
-skito
The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by The_Pro »

I'm kinda surprised no one has copied Dan's strategy for magdrop3. Free points people, plus it wouldn't be too hard to beat his score after that.
Aurcade - Find the coin-op games you want to play!
verty
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by verty »

I'm kinda surprised no one has copied Dan's strategy for magdrop3. Free points people, plus it wouldn't be too hard to beat his score after that.
I haven't been playing much lately. I'll record a 700k tomorrow and then focus on wonder3.

I played it a little tonight but I've been having control issues. The pickup after a drop doesn't always register, which makes getting a big combo tricky. I didn't stick with it for long enough to get it right. One thing I hate in games is unresponsive controls.
verty
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by verty »

Well it seems that when a group of colors is formed, the controls stop responding for a short while. After having it stop me 4 times in a row, I'll not play this game again. One thing I demand from games is that the controls respond fairly.
Attachments
magdrop3_control_problem.zip
(8.01 KiB) Downloaded 350 times
NotMan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by NotMan »

I have a question before the deadline approach.

Is All players in this round *must* play 2 games to order to qualify the next round in top 8. If one player submit one game and never submit another game is disqualification before the deadline???

NotMan
verty
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by verty »

Dan, your 15 million run on wonder3 is incredible, well done! =D> I'll be lucky to get 5 million.
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

Chad wrote:
Chad wrote:where is the link that shows the matchups of round 2? I'm curious to see who got beaten out of round 3.
bump, there was a non marp url that showed the K7 head to head matchups, can anyone show where this link was?
http://sawys.ifrance.com/K7.htm

And click on the ROUND 2 sheet
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D
flutotal
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by flutotal »

BBH wrote:since I'm sure someone is curious why I haven't submitted anything, I'm just going to come out and say that it's very unlikely I'm going to pass this round. Don't Pull is so bad I can't bring myself to play it at all (brings up bad memories of Tinkle Pit last year), and Magical Drop 3's vs. CPU mode is just horrible for scoring-based competition because it is so imbalanced. We'll see if I manage to find any time/motivation to play these over the weekend, but I don't think that's happening.
Perfect words.

Don't pull is terrible, crap game. And I can't understand why japanese rom. And Magical Drop never could be in K7... What is the objective? Stay in first stage for hours until I can do +500K like Dan did? That's no competition...