MARP Election 2008 - Call for Nominations

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

It's time to nominate coordinators for 2009.

Please submit nominations for the following positions:

Regulation Coordinator
- Must maintain the regulation rules web page when necessary. Must report the update to the assistant and main web page maintainers.
- Must enforce the voting of any relevant regulation votes.
- Can extend any particular vote from the default of seven days for any good reason.
- Can reduce the length or reject any particular vote from the default of seven days for any good reason. However, this decision can be overruled by a 2/3 vote from the general public.

Tournament Coordinator
- May reject a game for the tournament for any good reason.
- May choose the final x games of the tournament at any point up to seven days in advance of the beginning of the tournament. He may change the games after this point only by a 2/3 vote from the general public.
- May set any rule for the tournament as long as the spirit of the tournament remains intact up to seven days in advance of the beginning of the tournament. He may change rules after this point only by a 2/3 vote from the general public.
- Must organize at least one public meeting before the tournament and run that meeting.
- Must enforce the rules of the tournament at all times.
- Must attempt to advertise the tournament before and after the tournament.

Knockout (MAME Championship) Coordinators (there are 3 Knockout Coordinators)
- Can choose any game for any round at any point. They may change the game before it is announced, but cannot change the game unless agreed to by a 2/3 vote from the general public after the game is announced.
- Can choose any format for the MAME Championships at any point before the tournament begins. They can only change the format after a tournament begins by a 2/3 vote from the general public.
- Must enforce the rules of the MAME Championships at all times.
- Must attempt to advertise the MAME Championships before and after the tournament.
- (Knockout Chairman Only) Must organize at least one public meeting before the tournament and run those meetings unless he designates another coordinator to do this job.

Week Challenge Championship (WCC) Coordinator
- Organize and run the Week Challenge Championship

Olympiad Coordinator
- Organize and run the MARP Olympiad

Time Trial Coordinator
- Organize and run the Time Trial Competition

Nomination rules:

1. Nominations of coordinators will last from November 16, 03:30 GMT to November 23, 03:29 GMT.

2. Any member may nominate himself or any other member during this time period. Either publicly state your nomination on this thread, or email or PM me.

3. If a member is nominated, that person must either publicly state on this thread their intention to run for the nominated position, or email or PM me their intention. (My e-mail is gastrainga2001@yahoo.com)

4. A member must have submitted his/her first recording before July 1 2008 in order to qualify as a coordinator. (NOTE: There is no minimum length of membership or activity requirement in order to nominate somebody else).

5. Any editor may be a coordinator. The same person cannot hold regulation, knockout or tournament coordinator positions.

6. Failure to announce intention of running by November 26, 03:29 GMT will be considered rejection of the nomination.

7. I will report the current state of nominations/acceptations/rejections on this thread once a day.

8. If there are no nominations for the Tournament, WCC, Olympiad or Time Trial Coordinator positions, those positions will be treated as "dead" until somebody decides to resurrect them.

Please only accept a nomination if you are committed to fulfilling its responsibilities!

Election voting will begin on December 1, 00:00 GMT and will end on December 10, 23:59 GMT. In addition to electing coordinators, voting will include Editor confidence votes.

See http://marp.retrogames.com/rules/election.htm for general MARP Election Procedures. Note that I've modified the timeline for nominations a bit since I didn't post the call for them on time. The timelines as I've specified in this post are the timelines we will be using for the elections this year.
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Re: MARP Election 2008 - Call for Nominations

Post by Zhorik »

As of 19:45 GMT on November 17, there have been no nominations.
Marco Marocco
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by Marco Marocco »

my nominations:

regulation coordinator: Gemant
tournament coordinator: JTC
KO coordinators: Rax, Gastrainga, Sawys
wcc coordinator: NotMan
Olympiad coordinator: BBH
Time trial coordinator: BBH

I hope who'll assume the coordination of the contests will open a topic to discuss about
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

regulation coordinator: BBH
tournament coordinator: Weehawk
KO coordinators: INNUENDO, GHEMANT, and I nominate myself (destructor)
wcc coordinator: Sawys
Olympiad coordinator: Phil Lamat
Time trial coordinator: Phil Lamat
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Current nominations are listed below. None of the nominations have been accepted or rejected yet.

Regulation Coordinator: BBH, GHEMANT (aka GEMANT)
Tournament Coordinator: Weehawk (aka John Cunningham aka JTC)
Knockout Coordinators: destructor, Zhorik (aka gastrainga), GHEMANT, INNUENDO, RAX, Sawys
WCC Coordinator: NotMan, Sawys
Olympiad Coordinator: BBH, Phil Lamat
Time Trial coordinator: BBH, Phil Lamat
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

thanks for my nomination, I'm happy for this experience in K7 but I return a normal player for a K8 :wink: .
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

About Knockout i decline but for the moment i'm not against the nomination about the WCC (with personal format and idea which i could explain later).

The only thing which could be annoying is that from january 1st 2009, my job will change and i'm not sure to have enough time (surely at the beginning of the year).
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Current nominations are listed below. Accepted nominations are in bold, rejected nominations are underlined.

Knockout Coordinators: destructor, INNUENDO, RAX, Zhorik (aka gastrainga), GHEMANT, Sawys
WCC Coordinator: Sawys, NotMan

Note: Ghemant, I couldn't tell from your post if you're also rejecting your Regulation Coordinator nomination. Sawys, I interpreted your post as meaning you accept the WCC Coordinator nomination.
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

Zhorik wrote: Sawys, I interpreted your post as meaning you accept the WCC Coordinator nomination.
Yes :-)
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Current nominations are listed below. Accepted nominations are in bold, rejected nominations are underlined. (There are no changes since yesterday)

Knockout Coordinators: destructor, INNUENDO, RAX, Zhorik (aka gastrainga), GHEMANT, Sawys

REMINDER: There are just a bit over 2 days left to make nominations! Nominations close at November 23, 03:29 GMT!
RAX
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by RAX »

Thanks, but I decline my K8 nomination.

Happy to see Destructor desires to coordinate next KO.
I also nominate Phil Lamat and Mahlemiut for Knock-Out.
And Chad for Regulation
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Current nominations are listed below. Accepted nominations are in bold, rejected nominations are underlined.

Regulation Coordinator: BBH, Chad (aka Skito), GHEMANT (aka GEMANT)
Knockout Coordinators: destructor, INNUENDO, mahlemiut, Phil Lamat, Zhorik (aka gastrainga), GHEMANT, RAX, Sawys

REMINDER: Less than a day left to make nominations! Nominations close Sunday, November 23, 03:29 GMT!
Last edited by Zhorik on Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
MJS
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by MJS »

I nominate Chad for Tournament Coordinator.

And Ghemant for a new tournament with those target ABC coefficient difficulty that was fun 8)
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

I Nominate mahlemiut for Tournament Coordinator and decline my Tournament nomination, i would've like to do 4 tournaments a year all different genres but can't make time.
-skito
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

I decline my K8 nomination.