MARP Election 2008 - Voting Has Begin!

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

MARP Election 2008 - Voting Has Begin!

Post by Zhorik »

Voting for the MARP 2008 Election has begun and will end on 2008 December 10, 23:59 GMT.

Eligible MARP members are encouraged to vote for the following:

Knockout Chairman (vote for 1 candidate):
a) Destructor
b) ***PL*** (aka Pat Laffaye)

Editor Confidence Votes:
For each MARP Editor, please vote Yes or No on whether you have confidence in the editor:
1) Mahlemiut (Barry Rodewald)
a) YES
b) NO

2) BBH (Matt Hall)
a) YES
b) NO

3) Phil Lamat
a) YES
b) NO

4) Frankie (Michael Bruhn)
a) YES
b) NO

5) Skito ("Chad" Hurwitz)
a) YES
b) NO

6) ***PL*** (Pat Laffaye)
a) YES
b) NO

The following positions had candidates running unopposed, so there is no need to vote for these positions:

Regulation Coordinator: BBH
Tournament Coordinator: Mahlemiut
WCC Coordinator: Sawys
Olympiad Coordinator: BBH
Time Trial Coordinator: BBH

RULES:

HOW TO VOTE: Votes can be either PMed to me or e-mailed to me at gastrainga2001@yahoo.com (you must e-mail from the e-mail account registered with your MARP account or forum account). When voting please list both your forum name and your MARP account name if they are different. VOTES POSTED TO THIS THREAD WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!

If you have any questions about how to vote, please post them on this thread or PM me.

ELIGIBLE VOTERS:

1) Any member whose first recording was created after July 1st, 2008 is not allowed to vote.

2) Members must have made a combined total of at least 10 MARP submissions or MARP forum postings during 2008 through November 30th to be eligible to vote.

3) Exceptions to vote can be petitioned to any editor. If the petitioner receives a majority vote of the editors, the exception is granted. If the editors fail to achieve a majority on either side of a petition within 72 hours after the petition was written, the petitioner automatically earns the right to vote. Editors can immediately grant petitions at any time by a majority vote.

4) The editors have a right to reject the voting rights of any individual by a 2/3 vote of all editors. Any ruling of this nature can be overruled by a 2/3 vote of the general public.

If you are not sure if you are eligible to vote, either PM me or post on this thread.

ELECTION PERIOD: Begins 2008 December 1, 00:00 GMT, Ends 2008 December 10, 23:59 GMT (I'm posting this announcement about 25 minutes early though, so I'll accept any votes made during those early 25 minutes too)

OTHER:

Editor Confidence Voting Rules Summary:
- Anyone receiving less than 50% confidence is removed from office and placed on probation for a term of at least six months.
- If there are less than five votes on any editor, that person remains as an editor regardless.
- If the number of editors thrown out brings the total number of editors to less than five, then the five editors with the most percentage remain as editors.

Write-in Votes: I will not be accepting write-in votes. This is because of the openness of the nomination process and the lack of provision for write-in votes in the MARP election procedures.

Coordinator Position Descriptions:

Knockout (MAME Championship) Coordinators (there are 3 Knockout Coordinators, however because there were only 2 accepted nominations this year, the Knockout Coordinators will be able to select an additional coordinator together before the KO)
- Can choose any game for any round at any point. They may change the game before it is announced, but cannot change the game unless agreed to by a 2/3 vote from the general public after the game is announced.
- Can choose any format for the MAME Championships at any point before the tournament begins. They can only change the format after a tournament begins by a 2/3 vote from the general public.
- Must enforce the rules of the MAME Championships at all times.
- Must attempt to advertise the MAME Championships before and after the tournament.
- (Knockout Chairman Only) Must organize at least one public meeting before the tournament and run those meetings unless he designates another coordinator to do this job.

See http://marp.retrogames.com/rules/election.htm for general MARP Election Procedures

If you have questions about the Election Procedures, please PM me or post on this thread.

-George Strain
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Re: MARP Election 2008 - Voting Has Begin!

Post by Zhorik »

Just a reminder that there are less than 23 hours left to vote in the election!
Alessandro.S
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Alessandro.S »

Okay, I'll go first - hoping I understood that we have to vote here :)

Editors - yes to all =D>

Knockout coordinator - Destructor

Reason: I'd like Pat to have his hands free while the Italian assault to the Frogger top spots continues :mrgreen:

Thanks everyone and keep up the good work.
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

Alessandro.S wrote:Okay, I'll go first - hoping I understood that we have to vote here.
Zhorik wrote:VOTES POSTED TO THIS THREAD WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!
Pointed out just in case you still have time to get a PM or an email to George.
John Cunningham (JTC)
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Alessandro.S wrote:Okay, I'll go first - hoping I understood that we have to vote here :)
Alessandro, I'm sorry but as Weehawk pointed out, the voting instructions clearly stated that votes posted to this thread would not be accepted.

-George
Alessandro.S
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Alessandro.S »

Well - it'll be for next year then ! Goes to show one shouldn't try and do stuff when too sleep deprived :oops: