Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

LastNinja2
Button Masher
Button Masher

Die Hard Arcade

Post by LastNinja2 »

http://replay.marpirc.net/r/diehard

My score count is strictly related to the special rule: every enemy counts 1. You have to defeat the last boss twice, in different conditions, so i think he should give you 2 points.

To make things more interesting, i suggest to count points only for enemies that are defeated in normal combat situations (no QTE). This is also necessary in a couple of times to obtain the maximum possible points :wink:

I think that's not a good idea to give points for the three enemies beaten via QTE at the end of the last stage, because you have to finish them in normal combat anyway and the "success" only gives you the advantage of starting the battle with every enemy down and unarmed.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Re: Die Hard Arcade

Post by Chad »

It's good to revisit the scoring to make sure it's accurate now that a completed recording is here to look at. Thank you btw. I've asked Phil Lamat to chime in, since he's pretty good at determining scoring methods. And certainly The last boss should count as two, especially because you have to "finish" him twice.
-skito
LastNinja2
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by LastNinja2 »

I've recorded a new run at this game, a perfect one i might add. I'll wait to send it until the scoring method is clarified.
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

LastNinja2 wrote:I've recorded a new run at this game, a perfect one i might add. I'll wait to send it until the scoring method is clarified.
Perfect game must be rewarded better.
How about :
10 for each enemy defeated in normal combat situations (no QTE)
1 for each QTE "success"
0 for each QTE "failure"

Not sure how you get 66 ?
I've counted (but I'm not sure) 57 enemies + last boss defeated 2 times + 7 "success" + 1 "failure" = 57+2+7+0=66 ?
So with new scoring it would be 597 (and a perfect game would be 598 ?)
LastNinja2
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by LastNinja2 »

Phil Lamat wrote: Not sure how you get 66 ?
I've counted (but I'm not sure) 57 enemies + last boss defeated 2 times + 7 "success" + 1 "failure" = 57+2+7+0=66 ?
So with new scoring it would be 597 (and a perfect game would be 598 ?)
Enemies are counted as follows.

First stage: 11
Second stage: 19
Third stage: 10
Fourth stage: 11
Fifth stage: 12
Last Boss: 2

There are two more enemies available if you fail the right QTE sequences in stage 2 and 5, meaning that the total number of enemies that you can engage in a complete run is 67.

During my replay posted on MARP, you can see that i've encountered only one of this "hidden" enemies. That's why i claimed 66 points.
Phil Lamat wrote: Perfect game must be rewarded better.
How about :
10 for each enemy defeated in normal combat situations (no QTE)
1 for each QTE "success"
0 for each QTE "failure"
This makes sense, since the enemies that you have to fight if you fail the QTE are usually much more dangerous than the normal enemies that you encounter through the game (the last two in stage 5 are a little less powerful than the final boss himself).

If you confirm the new scoring method, i'll count the earned points from my new replay and then i'll post it on MARP. Thanks Phil :)
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

I agree with this scoring method, please submit the perfect score.
-skito
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Just a question before you submit :
LastNinja2 wrote: There are two more enemies available if you fail the right QTE sequences in stage 2 and 5, meaning that the total number of enemies that you can engage in a complete run is 67.
if we adopt the scoring I propose, wouldn't it force someone to fail on QTE 2 & 5 to get 2 more enemies and 20 pts more ?
LastNinja2
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by LastNinja2 »

This scoring system would encourage you to fail every QTE involving enemies (there are four of them through the entire game) because you can score 10 points by killing the enemy in normal combat situation. That's what i have done on purpose in my new recording. As i wrote before, this enemies are tough to beat, so 10 points instead of 1 could be a good reward. Other QTE situations are well worth of 1 point in my view.
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Ok, I've misunderstood what you've called a "perfect" game.
For me it was meaning no miss, including QTE
LastNinja2
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by LastNinja2 »

I've leaved that for the japanese release :wink: (which is better in my opinion, because default settings include the blood effect).
So, are the new score rules official? Can i post my 674 points replay? :wink:

By the way, there's another thing to report. I've used WolfMAME 0.130 to record my files because playback for Die Hard Arcade / Dynamite Deka is broken in newer versions of the emulator (immediate desync). I suspect that every ST-V game is involved in this unfortunate circumstance. I've tried with 0.135 and replay is already broken, same thing for 0.140; too bad, since emulation speed for the QTE sequences was enhanced in recent releases :(
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

You can post, I will fix special rules later
LastNinja2
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by LastNinja2 »

Done. 67 enemies defeated in normal combat situations plus 4 QTE "success" achieved :)