Rule 3b

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

kranser
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Rule 3b

Post by kranser »

Regarding the sheriff recording which can't take first place as it is not recorded in WolfMAME.... Why does PhL say that the score will be zeroed? Rule 3b just states that a non-WolfMAME recording can't take first place, so wouldn't a moderator just adjust the score to be 1 less than the #2 score in this case - rather than zero the score? Thus, the #2 score will retain the #1 spot and the non-Wolf recording will be #2?

Kranser.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Re: Rule 3b

Post by Chad »

Phil is being polite to someone that perhaps didn't see the rule. And give the user time to react and perhaps upload another wolf score before the recording gets "nuked". Don't worry this recording will get zeroed, the delay is just a form of notification before the retraction takes place. But i'd rather error on the side of politeness in case the player can make good future contributios and made an honest mistake, instead of perhaps giving distates in a new users upload screen and preventing future submissions.
-skito
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

Uh, politeness?

There are many cases throughout the whole database on that "politeness", and nobody ever moved a finger on those. I can believe that the right reaction time is "a bunch of weeks", not 1+ years for several of them.
kranser
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by kranser »

Thanks Kal/Chad,

But my query was why would the recording be nuked or zeroed - as rule 3b doesn't say anything about recordings being nuked - it just says that the recording cannot take first place - so why wouldn't a moderator just adjust the score to be 1 below the legitament first place score - instead of nuking it (which IMO doesn't stick with the rule as described in 3b)?

Kranser.
Chufoglu
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Chufoglu »

I agree with kranser
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Adjusting the score to "1st place score - 1" is the blocking we've made by the past.
But 1st place can change in the meantime, and score would be nonsense.
I prefer to warn newbies who doesn't know the rule and give them another chance to record again with wolf.
In any case, input won't be lost : I'm in contact with Dale by mail, I help him to install wolf106 (he complains there isn't any tutorial somewhere for newbies).
And I told him how he can put a link in desc box to previous inp so that everybody has a link to it.
I whope he will be able soon to record again on sheriff.
Kale wrote: There are many cases throughout the whole database on that "politeness", and nobody ever moved a finger on those. I can believe that the right reaction time is "a bunch of weeks", not 1+ years for several of them.
I know, I always forget about them, but editing the desc box with comment "rule3b" is the best way to retrieve them all with the search engine.
One day I will fix all that (if any other of the editors don't do it before)