ASYLUM - PAC 3,820

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

kranser
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

ASYLUM - PAC 3,820

Post by kranser »

The Asylum recording by PAC of score 3,820 does nt play back for me - you need to use WolfMAME0.128 or later for asylum to playback - as some corrections have been made that help playback since version 0.106.

Can anyone play this recording by PAC back?

Can everyone play back my recording in version 0.128?

Thanks,
Kranser.

Report this post
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Re: ASYLUM - PAC 3,820

Post by simpsons99 »

I watched this INP Tonight and he is lucky to get 200 points . I watched it back with Wolf106

I was hoping for some secrets in his gameplay .
If you have a FB Account I'm Brian Allen
On KLOV and other sites I'm Simpsons99
Arcade Game Scores
DKJR 1,073,800 Level F Kill screen !
DK3 TG MED Skill Level 1,365,000 Level 80?
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

I'm the third person who can't play this recording back so it will be reduced to the score it plays back which is 200.

http://replay.marpirc.net/r/asylum

the wolf128 playedback for me
-skito
kranser
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by kranser »

Thanks for confirming the wolfmame 0.128 played back ok Chad. Do you think we should have a special rule for Asylum saying Wolfmame 0.128 or later is required?
PAC-MAN
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by PAC-MAN »

Thanks to the testers. No problem,I understand the problem I will try another record with Wolfmame 145.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Your 3,920 score didn't playback without NVRAM (requires default NVRAM to playback correctly). Using -nvram_directory NUL is the easiest way to do this, especially now that NVRAM is split between devices (ie: can be multiple files).

It also takes the award for most boring INP. Seriously, there was zero progress past about the 4th screen.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
kranser
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by kranser »

Hi Mahlemiut - what 3,920 score are you talking about? Did you get the Wolf 0.106 PAC-MAN recording to playback? If so I guess playback is possible for some people on 106 - but recordings on 128 (and after) definitely seem to be more stable!

Kranser.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

No, PAC uploaded a 3,960 score done in 0.145 earlier today, but it required default NVRAM to playback.
- Barry Rodewald
kranser
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by kranser »

mahlemiut wrote:No, PAC uploaded a 3,960 score done in 0.145 earlier today, but it required default NVRAM to playback.
Thanks for the info Mahlemiut. Do you have a link to the recording? I don't know how to find the 3 letter folder names - I should know this (but it's been a long time and I've forgotten the formula!).

Don't worry - I've found the recording on the upload page - http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/3/0/c/pa ... olf145.zip

...and - yep, I agree - boring inp - I look forward to seeing further progress with this game instead of leaching!

Thanks,
Kranser.
PAC-MAN
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by PAC-MAN »

Whats the problem with my inp this time? I have broken any rule? Can you explain me why you delete my inp?

PostScript: Ah! I understand it, I will try to make another "no boring Inp" no problem, thanks, mahlemuit
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

PAC-MAN wrote:Whats the problem with my inp this time? I have broken any rule? Can you explain me why you delete my inp?

PostScript: Ah! I understand it, I will try to make another "no boring Inp" no problem, thanks, mahlemuit
http://replay.marpirc.net/rules/

I think there were two things wrong 2.f) nvram file must be removed before recording (or use of the -nvram_directory NUL option) and I havent watched the recording but boring usually means rule 2.h) was violated.
-skito
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Looks like leeching is hard to quantify here.
Could we make a special scoring ?
my idea is to add 10000 pts for each stage completed
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

We could at least ban going back and forth between the same screens more than a few times. Enemies don't seem to regenerate any other way (but I'm sure someone will prove me wrong ;)).
- Barry Rodewald
kranser
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by kranser »

Great replay PAC - loved watching your new score, and it all played back fine with -nvram_directory NUL option.

I'm all for banning the leeching - but when you kill the monsters you get different powerups - so maybe leaching a few times is ok to get the different powerups - but keeping on repeatably leeching should not be allowed IMO.

Kranser.
PAC-MAN
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by PAC-MAN »

Thanks! I beaten the game at last!