MORENO´S Fatal Fury inp

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

MORENO´S Fatal Fury inp

Post by INNUENDO »

Hello, guys. Can anyone answer me a question? Is the Moreno´s inp a new world record? I don´t know if anyone did these points before.
Long life to good games
mahlemiut
Editor

Re: MORENO´S Fatal Fury inp

Post by mahlemiut »

Old Gamest scores that I have indicate 1,047,300 (without autofire) and 4,640,000 (with autofire) using Joe Higashi.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

About the WR I want add some infos.

1,047,300 is the top score without autofire BUT....

In this game this isn't the limit of the score without autofire. Few players have played Fatal Fury / Garou Densetsu without autofire in japan (because in japan almost all players use control changes, autofire, buttons mapping etc.). So I can say this:

If WZH (the actual top player of this game) had played this game (hypothesis) without autofire, theoretical score would been sure above 4.000.000 or more. Unfortunately is not possible a real comparison.
INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by INNUENDO »

Thank you for the answers, Barry and GHEMANT. I´m very much surprised with this great and scary score on FF. 4 million!! I believe it, but how could be possible?
Long life to good games
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

Is possible, I know the basic strategy, but the difficulty is...... enormous. You must play in 80 rounds (10 rounds with each character), and perform always the TNT punch attack using some pattern dangerous (A button repeatedly: 10.000 pts for any series).
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Main thing would be that all special moves score points, even if blocked. Using autofire kinda makes that a bit silly. Getting enough draws to do 10 rounds in every stage would be the tough part.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by INNUENDO »

Thank you so much for my question again, Ghemant and Barry. It is really difficult to do this. I´ve never imagined that is the way to do these points.
Long life to good games