Round 5 is
Pop 'n Bounce / Gapporin

The romset name is: popbounc
You need also the romset: neogeo
Use the default MAME settings for BIOS.

Year: 1997
Manufacturer: Video System Co.
Genre: Breakout

This is a game of the second phase of the tournament. You can upload your INPs to this thread, or in MARP, from February 2nd to March 1st included.
TIME REMAINING (click here)

Resume of the tournament rules:
- Recordings must be done with WolfMAME version 0.152; remember to delete the NVRAM before each recording has been performed.
- Default settings / dipswitches have to be used.
- MARP special rules for this game: [none]
- General MARP rules like no use of autofire, macros, 2 credits, 2 players etc. have to be followed. Recording speed has to be included between 95% and 100~101%.
- :!: Upload the recording in 24 hours after you have recorded it! Failure to do so will occur in a nullified score!
- If you submit to MARP, please include the string "T13" in the comment, so to make clear distinction between participants of tournament, and other recordings.

About scores:
- Best score gets 100 points, always. All the following scores are calculated in proportion to the best score, like a percentage, rounded down to the nearest integer.
- :!: Every 7 days from the beginning of the time allowed for playing, a temporary ranking will be created with players' best scores so far, and smaller amounts of tournament points will be given. 12 points to the first position, 10 points for the second, 8 points for the third, and then 7-6-5-4-3-2-1-1-1 and so on for every recording sent.
The intermediate bonuses, of course, will not be given also a fourth time in coincidence with the end of the gaming period.
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Re: T13 - Round 5 - popbounc

Post by giro-X »

Special note about this game: seems like you are allowed (source of my deduction: RedStar's confirmed recording) to choose in the game settings between Joystick and Paddle. I believe you can better control the Paddle with the use of a mouse, and Joystick with joystick/keyboard.

To change the setting, if you want to try:
-After test, enter Service mode by pressing F2 (unless you changed the key with another)
-Step down to SETTING UP THE SOFT DIP and press A button
-Step down to SLOT1 POP N BOUNCE and press A button
-Step down to CONTROLLER and choose with A or B button. DO NOT CHANGE ANY OTHER SETTING!
-When done, press C button until you return to main menu, and choose EXIT. The game will run again the test mode.

The default setting is JOYSTICK, so if you feel better playing with PADDLE, since you have to delete NVRAM each time, you'll need to repeat this short operation each time.
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

Ahem... I wanted to upload the score of Colman Paolo that was considered as final score in this game during tournament, since he uploaded a new recording...
...though there seems to be no space left in the forum for new attachments. I'll keep it saved in my disk, if anybody needs it, you know where you can find me :wink:
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

Fixed.
Thank you Barry Image
Attachments
dyo_popbounc_5540400_wolf152.zip
(312.14 KiB) Downloaded 913 times
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

For those who still care, I've finally managed to finish the game, see file attached.
Unluckily I got a score lower than my current 5.9M :(
Attachments
popbounc-ALL-w152.zip
(486.48 KiB) Downloaded 929 times