General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

ZID
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by ZID »

Last edited by ZID on Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
mahlemiut
Editor

Re: Alien Syndrome new WR

Post by mahlemiut »

We'll just ignore all those Japanese players that can complete a dozen or so loops of the game...? ;)
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
PAC-MAN
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by PAC-MAN »

mahlemiut wrote:We'll just ignore all those Japanese players that can complete a dozen or so loops of the game...? ;)
MR MAHLEMIUT:This note is for you: Please Get to play and not to criticize.It has not been an easy record to beat, it took me quite an effort and then you criticize him.This is not right!!! I feel insulted, offended and disappointed, Donn Nauert's record has been hailed for years, and after 26 years I have beaten. And the only thing that occurs to you to say is a joke about the Japanese, my apologies sir, but I don´t understand you at all!

Yes sir, we'll ignore, of course!!!!!
Firstly, Japanese records available with the old version of the game had a bug that allowed you to make millions and millions of points and complete a dozen or so loops of the game with infinite lives, I did 12,000,000 points with that version of the game!!! (if anyone do not know about something, better not talk)

Another thing, the Japanese records are not real world records because they use autofire!!!!.The autofire are not allowed in the real world records. The japenese world records are ONLY JAPANESE RECORDS WITH AUTOFIRE!!!!!! No rules and no law says that the Japanese are world records, why we have to believe it? I only believe in REAL PLAYERS like Innuendo, TRB Metroid Team, edusword , ZID , Phil Lamat, German Krol, Red Star,Rodrigo Lopes, BBH, etc, etc and MARP rules!
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Who said I was being critical? Does " ;) " mean something different to you?
- Barry Rodewald
ZID
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by ZID »

Because smilies can also mean irony or sarcasm, but consider that possibility may be too much for someone :wink:
PAC-MAN
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by PAC-MAN »

mahlemiut wrote:Who said I was being critical? Does " ;) " mean something different to you?
No, Mr Mahlehuit,the smiley is not the problem.The only thing expected of someone from your category and a great player like you were simply a greeting like this:

ZID wrote:
Congratulations PAC

mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Wow, taking it all just a bit too seriously, now, aren't we? Zid certainly seems to get it.

Even if I was being serious, I still don't see how how it could be taken as criticism...
- Barry Rodewald
PAC-MAN
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by PAC-MAN »

Sir you are not understanding me, I did not want to say critical in the strict sense of the word, I meant that you are suggesting that my world record is not a true world record.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

I am always just a little sceptical whenever "world" records are claimed. There's usually someone better, somewhere.

Oh yeah, congratulations. I didn't mean to take anything away from the quality of your score.
- Barry Rodewald
PAC-MAN
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by PAC-MAN »

mahlemiut wrote:I am always just a little sceptical whenever "world" records are claimed. There's usually someone better, somewhere.
I understand you perfectly.
But leaving apart the Japanese games, you can see that my INP it is much better than Donn Nauert game in 1988, and there is a way to improve BONUS score in each final boss ( It is very interesting to see) . A greeting.
mahlemiut wrote: Oh yeah, congratulations. I didn't mean to take anything away from the quality of your score.
Thanks, your words are appreciated Mr.Mahlemuit.
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

PAC-MAN wrote:Firstly, Japanese records available with the old version of the game had a bug that allowed you to make millions and millions of points and complete a dozen or so loops of the game with infinite lives, I did 12,000,000 points with that version of the game!!! (if anyone do not know about something, better not talk)

Another thing, the Japanese records are not real world records because they use autofire!!!!.The autofire are not allowed in the real world records. The japenese world records are ONLY JAPANESE RECORDS WITH AUTOFIRE!!!!!! No rules and no law says that the Japanese are world records, why we have to believe it? I only believe in REAL PLAYERS like Innuendo, TRB Metroid Team, edusword , ZID , Phil Lamat, German Krol, Red Star,Rodrigo Lopes, BBH, etc, etc and MARP rules!
In this document you can understand better the situation in the world about the top arcade hi-score concept (I have worked many hours to write this because the community must know these informations):

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15297

About Alien Syndrome I don't know the game very well and I ignore a possible difference between the various romset. Many japanese top score used autofire (but not all), is true and confirmed from years, because in China, japan, Korea usually them modded and manipulate the cabinet. I'm not happy about the autofire existance but I use it in some games because I want compare my scores with them. Why? Because usually in almost all japanese arcade hi-score these players know the game better respect the rest of the world (I speak about pattern, strategy, advanced techniques).

For exemple Legend of the Hero Tonma. All western scores aren't good in this game (I speak about all replay made from 1989 until 2007) with average of 400.000 pts. In 2007 some players had played better and final result was about 650.000 with theory of max 700.000. For these players was impossible understand a score better of 700.000! But with jap pattern was possible 800.000 or more without autofire already in 1989!!. With autofire is possible made more points, you know, so 970.000+ is possible, but not all games increase score if you use autofire. Many games not change. This is my view point, Tonma is only a exemple. I prefer compare my scores with them because their knowledge of the games (pattern, strategy) usually is the highest. No other reasons. And however the last important things. All jap scores are made with training in game center, without save state or cheat. Is true that in these last 10 years some western players have beaten some scores in action games (never in shooting), but we played with save state on emulator in training, them not!

Another exemple. 1943. The best western is about 3.000.000 / 3.100.000, and top japan is 4.400.000. This game is played in Japan with autofire. But... autofire helped to increase the score in this game? I don't think (but i'm not expert in this game, I've only done a few tests). The true back this title are some strategy unknown in western.
PAC-MAN
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by PAC-MAN »

Yes, Ghemant, I understand that, but it is also true that using autofire allows get advantage in many games and it will cost little effort to play therefore you can play and practice more often and obtain better scores, isn´t it?

Postscript:
About your examples:

You know my best score in Tomma is 988.000 points (which exceeds the score of the Japanese record), I´m a western player and I dont see many difference with a japanese player.
Otherwise, I can prove all my records with INPS, but you can´t prove the Japanese ones with any video or inps . We have no other choice to believe what the Japanese say, and we all know that many of them are counterfeiters and cheaters (and video fakers too). And I don´t believe in scores of Japanese referees, they aren't legit. I think western gamers are better ( americans and europeans) and they play without cheating . Greetings.
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

PAC-MAN wrote: You know my best score in Tomma is 988.000 points (which exceeds the score of the Japanese record), I´m a western player and I dont see many difference with a japanese player.

Otherwise, I can prove all my records with INPS, but you can´t prove the Japanese ones with any video or inps . We have no other choice to believe what the Japanese say, and we all know that many of them are counterfeiters and cheaters (and video fakers too). And I don´t believe in scores of Japanese referees, they aren't legit. I think western gamers are better ( americans and europeans) and they play without cheating. Greetings.
In my document I try to explain the situation. The system of archiving scores in Japan is good for many important reasons.

There are a staff with top knowledge about games and rules. All informations are from the programmers, so is more easy understand problems in games. In western infinite pattern concept or some bugs are still unknown today and don't exist appropriate rules. All scores aren't claimed directly from players, but are published after check by staff, wrong scores are discarded. I want underline the importantance of Gamest and Arcadia staff. Without rules is impossible made a serius scoreboard. And in western world rules not exist (except the ridiculous rules from TG, with difficulty 8 instead of default, see neo geo games, cps1 games etc.). Sincerely I don't know because you think jap players as cheaters. I started my research about their scores from 2001 / 2002 and in these 12/13 years after millions of hours of work I seen tons of videos and I read and translate many web pages. And I never seen cheat used. Never seen a fake video. I made Arca project because I want explain the real strategy back some their scores.

With big patience in these last 12 years I found videos from some players (recorded in VHS from original machine, no emulator) and I confirm with my eyes many and many scores. For this I believe without problems in their work.
I think western gamers are better (americans and europeans)
I think there aren't a real differences as capability, but there are diffences as final target and perseverance (but not in all cases).
(americans and europeans) and they play without cheating
is the contrary. All fake scores that i seen in my life was made always from western players. In you tube or old mame replay sites you can find tons of fake videos. In 13 years I found infinite fakes scores in Metal Slug series for exemple. And also now, there are some players with fakes WR (played with macros + pause or other manipulations).
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

PAC-MAN wrote:Yes, Ghemant, I understand that, but it is also true that using autofire allows get advantage in many games and it will cost little effort to play therefore you can play and practice more often and obtain better scores, isn´t it?
I agree with this. In the games where there aren't a real differences if you use autofire, a player can play more times without tired. Exemple? Psychic 5. The old jap score is played with autofire, but you have beaten him without. Autofire in this game have a real importance? I don't think, probably that player use for leeching only.
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

Pac, I don't have interest to change your opinion in japanese players, I have respect for you and for your awesome scores, but believe me, after 13 years of my hard work and experience, I know infinite things about jap scores and I can say: believe in them.