Moderator: BBH

OMG Kreygasm
Button Masher
Button Masher

Re: Elevator Action leeching

Post by OMG Kreygasm »

Phil Lamat wrote: My proposal :
ban any points made when music has changed
(but I will need help to edit scores if so)
I like this proposal.
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

I've watched carefully the top 2 inputs.
If we substract points made during fast music, that gives :
Almighty = 175100 +(15000-15900) + (48650-123300) = 175100 - 900 - 74650 = 99550
Skito = 150650 + (14900-16250) + (52250-53500) + (73900-74100) + (116100-116700) = 150650 - 1350 - 1250 - 200 - 100 = 147750

As fast music is an invitation to make your exit, we can also let a few seconds to go out, tolerating a maximum of 2000 pts for each stage after music gets faster.
I think this is a clear rule, that would make things fair, and easier to correct on actual scores.

Opinions ? everybody is ok with that, or someone wants a vote ?
INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by INNUENDO »

For me, it is ok.
Long life to good games
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

would be tough on confirmers but if that is the only way to separate the leechers from the players, I'm for it.
-skito
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Not sure it will be so hard, you can hear when the music gets faster, even using F10.
Rules edited, score adjusted, let me know i f there are other scores to adjust ...
Almighty Dread
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Almighty Dread »

Didn't make much time for gaming, in the last couple of months, but now I'm back to demonstrate just how inferior all the so called gamers running their mouths here are. I've already demoted that pathetic high score, which inexplicably was there for nearly 8 years (what a joke). Once I regain a high enough level to get me into the 9th building, I will make mincemeat of that mediocre "world record" someone mentioned earlier.
OMG Kreygasm
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by OMG Kreygasm »

Elevator Action is sooooooo 2014. :roll:

It's all about Mustache Boy in 2015
Last edited by OMG Kreygasm on Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OMG Kreygasm
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by OMG Kreygasm »

http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread. ... an-You-Get

New track that is based solely on progression through the game.

Except the calculation is wrong since floors go in descending order, lol.
Almighty Dread
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Almighty Dread »

OMG Kreygasm wrote:http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread. ... an-You-Get

New track that is based solely on progression through the game.

Except the calculation is wrong since floors go in descending order, lol.
You should let the guy know that, the lower the floor number, the more points you ought to get for reaching it.
OMG Kreygasm
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by OMG Kreygasm »

It's now set to simply the # of red doors you open.
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

Almighty Dread wrote:You've shown curiosity and civility, rare attributes indeed. Perhaps some of the noisy little children in here will follow your example.
Almighty Dread from the comment of his last submission in MARP wrote:Welcome to rubbish game #3, the third and final step toward making a proper mockery of the inferior scores which the ignorant have laughably considered worthy of a high place. For your edification, I also present my previous high scores, shrewdly entitled rubbish games #s 1 & 2. Rubbish game #2, which was never "confirmed", likely due to the anguish it caused several of this site's members:- (URL coming soon). Rubbish game #1, which was "confirmed" just moments before several enraged little girls petulantly thumbed down its You Tube incarnation:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YytqW0S0PQc
Please tell me about your idea of civility :roll:
Bold, underline, and bigger fonts, have been done by me to highlight.
Almighty Dread
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Almighty Dread »

giro-X wrote:Please tell me about your idea of civility
O, that? Civility was abandoned quite some time ago, when words like "shit" and "asshole" were tossed into the mix. I notice you didn't quote any of that. Not surprising, as it would have involved quoting people other than myself. Believe it or not, though, I may have let that pass, if the people mouthing off had any kind of skill at playing Elevator Action. Unfortunately, they all suck at the game, so I felt morally obliged to return their insults. I am a man of principle, you see
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

Almighty Dread wrote:
giro-X wrote:Please tell me about your idea of civility
O, that? Civility was abandoned quite some time ago, when words like "shit" and "asshole" were tossed into the mix. I notice you didn't quote any of that. Not surprising, as it would have involved quoting people other than myself. Believe it or not, though, I may have let that pass, if the people mouthing off had any kind of skill at playing Elevator Action. Unfortunately, they all suck at the game, so I felt morally obliged to return their insults. I am a man of principle, you see
Man, I didn't scroll the whole discussion of 72 posts. Too big, and I admit too lazy myself to read everything.
You like details, since you are so punctilious, so here I tell you how it was possible that I have arrived to make that post without noticing other vulgar comments.
> I was looking just for MARP new scores and found & read your lovely comment.
> I was aware there was a big discussion on the forum about this title so I went here to tell you to moderate yourself.
> I didn't focus much on the topic itself but while I was about to start typing, I noticed this comment:
Almighty Dread wrote:Didn't make much time for gaming, in the last couple of months, but now I'm back to demonstrate just how inferior all the so called gamers running their mouths here are. I've already demoted that pathetic high score, which inexplicably was there for nearly 8 years (what a joke). Once I regain a high enough level to get me into the 9th building, I will make mincemeat of that mediocre "world record" someone mentioned earlier.
> I wondered how could someone talk about a world record on a Golden Era title, so I had to QUICKLY search for the keywords "world record" in the previous posts of this thread.
> I found it, and while I found that, I also found the comment where right you spoked of "civility"
> I built the post you can read above.

As you see, I didn't omit anyone by choice but by case. Sincerely? I don't like vulgar terms either, I bet I haven't used one ever on this forum at least, but even at this point, one matter is if words are just vulgar, and another matter is if vulgar words are used to insult the person instead of criticizing the principles or actions.
Now I would be curios to see if someone insulted you directly, just to kill the curiosity, in that case I obviously approve it was not good either.
Still, doesn't "force" you to behave bad. If you are a man of principle, you don't return insults, you face them with composure like I'm trying to do right now with you.

[edited: fixed word that doesn't exist. It's "omit", not "omiss". I learn engrishu.]
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

Found some. Asshole said by BBH and xelnia, douche (is this vulgar?) from Barra, and then I stopped for laziness as I guess we got the concept you "felt obliged to continue with bad language".

I'm not responsible for them. Did you want the quote? There it came. Do you want a real quote with copy-paste of the comment? No problem.

This doesn't change the fact you are taking a too much arrogant role, that you are belonging to that tier of players that feel superior because they are great at one or more titles in particular, treating all the disagreeing individuals as garbage. This is the memory I get about you after this experience lasted months, one that acts superior.
I know you don't care about my thought, but I am pretty confident that I am expressing the thought of plenty of people with common sense, out there.

Please don't reply again (like you did to xelnia) that I am not "the plenty of other people out there", we know that, it's useless rhetoric and it's the reason why I used terms like "pretty confident".
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

Talking seriously about stuff, the deep meaning that my intervention was meant to be, is that it is meaningless to take resentment especially if through time you are releasing improved INPs where leeching is reduced and high score maintained. (I speak theorically as I didn't watch not even a single replay, yours or others', but not even a gameplay, I barely know how you play but know zero about the pattern - so I don't know if you are improving the no-leeching) (reason: uninteresting game, I have things to do, you know)
(Neither I want to discuss about the leeching being legit or not and how and how much - I just had to say I do not approve this behaviour of yours. It ruins the atmosphere as plenty of things in here. The topic was opened by Zhorik who treated it professionally, in a pacific way, and maintained a respectable behaviour about it.)

END - oh I can't wait to see the answers tomorrow.