IGBY 2

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Re: IGBY 2

Post by The TJT »

Here's the games list so far (I hope I didn't miss anyone's nominations!) ...

Code: Select all

1 Gradius III
2 Vs. Clu Clu Land
3 Wonderboy
4 Battlantis
5 Pnickies
6 Congo Bongo
7 Super Cobra
8 Super Zaxxon
9 Swimmer
10 Speed Buggy
11 Arkanoid
12 Champion Baseball (bunting leech tactic banned)
13 Wizard of Wor
14 Turbo outrun
15 Battlantis
16 Rygar
17 Chelnov - Atomic Runner
18 Saint Dragon
19 Blood Bros
20 Gaplus
21 Scramble(stern romset)
22 Exerion
23 Carnival
24 Gravitar
25 Teeter torture
26 Star Wars
27 Baby Pacman
Either we throw the list to randomizer and take say first 10 in that order... or everybody votes for say their favourite 10 titles from the list and we give points for each pick so that first pick is 10 points, 2nd 9 points etc...
The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by The_Pro »

There's various picks in PMs and facebook too (I assume) so it's getting to be complex.
Aurcade - Find the coin-op games you want to play!
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

The_Pro wrote:There's various picks in PMs and facebook too (I assume) so it's getting to be complex.
Well somebody post them in this thread then. :)

I'd favour a couple days voting period for everyone to vote their 10 picks from the list. Or maybe put them all in randomizer and then vote from a random selection of 10 games?
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

Apologies for not nominating anything yet, I'll get on that today... err, tomorrow, whatever
Chufoglu
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Chufoglu »

MARP team is an arcade dream team
dan
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by dan »

I may not be much cooperation because I do not have enough time, but I'll do as much as I can.
Fordy
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Fordy »

My choices would be:
Black Widow
Princess Clara Daisakusen
MJS
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by MJS »

I can't, sorry... I told Valter I was going to consider participating because I really wanted to, but I shouldn't.
On July I start on my new job (after 10 years of working on my current job!) and I want to focus on it.

Hopefully next time I will be able to participate.
Go MARP team!!!
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

Fordy wrote:My choices would be:
Black Widow
Princess Clara Daisakusen
I like both these games, hehe. Black Widow in general would be a good tourney choice, games wouldn't go too long because it's so hard. Princess Clara Daisakusen I've completely forgotten everything about but could probably pick back up...

Well going back to the list that Tommi compiled, these are the games I personally would be interested in playing:
The TJT wrote:Here's the games list so far (I hope I didn't miss anyone's nominations!) ...

Code: Select all

1 Gradius III
7 Super Cobra
16 Rygar
17 Chelnov - Atomic Runner
19 Blood Bros
20 Gaplus
... that's less than I thought, lol. And as much as I like Rygar and Chelnov, they both have leeching issues that drag the games down IMO (Chelnov less so, as it consists entirely of suiciding on later bosses at the same time you kill them), but I'd certainly play them if they popped up in the tourney. Blood Bros also has an infinite leech trick that people would have to look out for.

Anyway a few I was thinking about:

Crime City (relatively simple late 80's platformer, an unusual scoring trick but no leeching)
Night Striker (Space Harrier-style behind-the-ship shooter, maybe not suitable because of analog controls)
Rescue (dual joystick game. maybe too infuriating hehe)
Time Pilot 84 (I know gstrain is good at this too)
Shock Troopers (you know I have to nominate this. Although in a 20-game format, there is not that much time to learn how to play it which isn't the ideal format I would like to see for it in a tournament. Obviously I'd get 1st on it but I dunno about everyone else so... maybe not.)

I want to nominate Sinistar since we've got me and Steve Wagner on the same team, but it's not the same on an 8-way stick and I'd expect the RU people to complain because it's not playable on the RU site for some reason.

Decisions, decisions...
OMG Kreygasm
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by OMG Kreygasm »

BBH wrote:
I want to nominate Sinistar since we've got me and Steve Wagner on the same team, but it's not the same on an 8-way stick and I'd expect the RU people to complain because it's not playable on the RU site for some reason.

Decisions, decisions...
Ha ha I played this Saturday night a bit. Luckily there's a dedicated cab near me, but I think it's not too much of a disadvantage playing on an 8 way stick. A lot of players will hold the stick constantly (Kappa?) on a direction rather than really use the 49 way movement. Although I have never tried to play with an 8 way stick, only going by what I have read. I imagine if you are an experienced player on the game it will be more noticeable.
Last edited by OMG Kreygasm on Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marco Marocco
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by Marco Marocco »

Go marper go !
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

I was thinking of suggesting Time Pilot 84 and also Exerion as well, so would be happy with either of those games. :)

A few of the other games I was thinking from the 'classic' period, or more accurately from when I was a lot younger and spent time popping 'twennies' in them all have marathon problems:

Gyruss, Juno First, Xevious

So I've ruled them out. (Even suggesting 5 lives would still be problematic..)

'twennies' = 20 cent coins = what we 'used' to pay for games in NZ back in the early 80s..... other than the greedy arcade people who sometimes charged 40 cents per game... or in the case of Defender when it was first released, 60 cents per game!!!

Cheers,
BeeJay.
ZID
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by ZID »

I join the marpers.. I wait can be help! :D
JustJJ
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by JustJJ »

My gamelist:

Double Dragon
Double Dragon 2
Miss PacMan
POW
renegade
Jungle King
Matmania
WWF SUPERSTARS
FLOWER
INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by INNUENDO »

I´ve invited another friend of mine, like JustJJ. :) His name is LordeNTC.

When you approve him, he´ll post here his games too. :)
Long life to good games