IGBY 2

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Gaplus
Button Masher
Button Masher

Re: IGBY 2

Post by Gaplus »

Thanks TJT!! :)
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

And after one week Marp takes the lead...

:D
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

For those not on the FB page, I realised that I frequently want to keep recording and/or playing back the same game. I've now created an "IGBY2" batch file that combines the record and playback batch files from WolfMame into a single batch file. It works as follows.

1. Gives you a list of games to choose from or the option to quit the batch file.

2. Then tells you which game is currently selected and lets you choose between Record/Playback/Change Game/Quit.

After each execution of Mame, it redisplay the options as at step 3. This means say you're working on Tetrisp2, you only have to choose the game once, then after each attempt you can choose to record again or playback your recording. You don't have to keep choosing a game until such time as you want to change to a different game or quit the batch file. It helps make it easy to quickly restart recording a game when you stuff up or didn't improve on your score.

It uses the 0.163 version game names, so you'll need to tweak it to use with an older Mame that predates some of the game renames.

Cheers,
BeeJay
Attachments
IGBY2 (RecordOrPlayback).zip
(1.33 KiB) Downloaded 453 times
Gaplus
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Gaplus »

I tried to see the replay of the first place at Time pilot '84 but does not work.. :(
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

Gaplus wrote:I tried to see the replay of the first place at Time pilot '84 but does not work.. :(
Were you using the standard version of Mame 0.153 to try the playback?
Gaplus
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Gaplus »

I used the 0.153 version of wolfmame
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

Gaplus wrote:I used the 0.153 version of wolfmame
That could be a reason why it's not playing back.

Annoyingly Mame 0.153 is not downloadable from the GitHub mirror link on the main mame.net downloads page, and neither 0.152 or 0.154 of standard Mame will play it back either. :(

UPDATE: Managed to find the standard Mame 0.153 via searching on GitHub and it still doesn't playback the recording, at least not with the i686 version and I can't run the 64bit version on my laptop as it's only a 32bit machine. Maybe it will work with the 64 bit version of standard Mame, but it seems unlikely given that all the versions I tried thus far went out of sync in exactly the same way?!?

You can get to the standard Mame 0.153 downloads on GitHub from the following URL: https://github.com/mamedev/mame/releases?after=mame0154
RedStar
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by RedStar »

Gaplus wrote:I tried to see the replay of the first place at Time pilot '84 but does not work.. :(
tp84b
You must wait the second credit.
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

RedStar wrote:tp84b
You must wait the second credit.
Ah... I guess we're so used to the Marp rule of only one game per inp file that we didn't think to look for a 2nd credit/game in the recording, which isn't expressly banned at IGBY like it is at Marp. :)

Cheers,
BeeJay.
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

Even the second credit doesn't playback successfully on standard Mame 0.153 or WolfMame 0.153?!?

Cheers,
BeeJay.
RedStar
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by RedStar »

with wolfmame 153 and tp84b (set 3), instead of tp84 (set 1).
Attachments
tp84b.png
tp84b.png (4.91 KiB) Viewed 14222 times
OMG Kreygasm
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by OMG Kreygasm »

Set 3?
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

yoooo the team is KILLIN IT right now, exactly as expected!

I'm going out of town for a few days (EVO!) so I'm no doubt going to end up losing my 1st place solo ranking, but as long as the MARP team stays in 1st it's all good. Don't get too complacent, PNS is still on our tails and could make a big move!
wolfman24
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by wolfman24 »

BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

BeeJay wrote:For what it's worth I've put my name into the mix, after some prompting from TRB. Here's hoping I can find some spare time to actually play some Mame games again!! I'm happy with any of the 'older' or more classic games, since they're the ones I played most when I was much younger!! ;)

Cheers,
BeeJay.
Like I said, for what it's worth I registered but as expected it ain't worth much as I'm now only adding any points to the team for 3 of the 28 games. :(
IGBY2 points.png
IGBY2 points.png (28.8 KiB) Viewed 14073 times