IGBY 2

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Re: IGBY 2

Post by The TJT »

That's more than me...
I've basically only played Super Breakout seriously - and still am... the game sure takes long time to master.

Also was planning to submit decent/better scores on Space Fury, Lady Bug and Turtles but Marp seems to have such a healthy lead that I probably won't...
wolfman24
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by wolfman24 »

Thanks to all the players, The IGBY board, and wes for this great contest. That website and scoreboard was amazing wes pat that back of yours. congrats to marp winning with 5210 points and the pro with 1077 points for the players.

The Champs Thanks for join IGBY Marp and Great Job on the win. Top Players were The Pro(1st), BBH(3rd), and Sir Wagsalot(10th)
OMG Kreygasm
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by OMG Kreygasm »

Thanks to you and Wes for all your hard work on this Wolfy
Gaplus
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Gaplus »

A special thanks for allowing me to join this tournament!! :)
wolfman24
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by wolfman24 »

igby form if people want to fill it out
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Bvn28p ... 4/viewform
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

Oh hey I forgot to make a post about this

I just wanted to apologize to everyone that got screwed over by recording Shock Troopers on the wrong settings. Probably should have just left it all default for the sake of making things easier, but I refuse to acknowledge the Euro bios and it's blood off setting as the true default setting, since it's not like that on the US and Japan bioses (and the game was programmed in Japan). It wasn't made very clear how to properly set it up so some people just played it on default. If anyone (from MARP or other teams) was annoyed that they had to replay it after their first score was DQ'ed, I take full blame for it. Sorry. Hope people were able to enjoy the game anyway! Although I also admit that a competition like this where there's 27 other games to play isn't th ebest for undertaking learning the fine art of playing it... but to be honest, I was surprised anybody else on the team supported voting the game in, lol.

Anyway. Was a fun event! Glad that MARP was able to put together a team this year, and by god were we a little too stacked. Obviously teams are going to be unbalanced with open signups, but I wasn't expecting it to be this bad. Whoops. Still! If you were able to contribute at least one top 5 score to the MARP team then you helped out, and making top 5 for this team was obviously tougher than any other team. It was crazy how good some of the grayed-out 6th place scores still were.

As for me, I do admit that I originally wanted to finish 1st in the solo rankings of course, but I kinda lost steam after my vacation and got burnt out on a lot of these games. There were a lot of improvements I could have made, but it would have been a lot of work to catch TiF so I just let it go. Then Martin made a power surge at the end and blitzed a bunch of games to swipe 1st, lol. Good shit for holding it down for the MARP team!

I still want to know what GameEx's thought process was behind nominating Star Fighter.
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

There's an "closing ceremony" show scheduled for 10:30PM Eastern Daylight Time (2:30AM GMT) tonight at http://twitch.tv/captainjivepants

The "closing ceremony" is intended to be in good fun and is heavy on the humor, or at least attempts at humor. Please don't take it too seriously :)
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

Zhorik wrote:There's an "closing ceremony" show scheduled for 10:30PM Eastern Daylight Time (2:30AM GMT) tonight at http://twitch.tv/captainjivepants

The "closing ceremony" is intended to be in good fun and is heavy on the humor, or at least attempts at humor. Please don't take it too seriously :)

after being over 30 mins late from start time . I left ..
If you have a FB Account I'm Brian Allen
On KLOV and other sites I'm Simpsons99
Arcade Game Scores
DKJR 1,073,800 Level F Kill screen !
DK3 TG MED Skill Level 1,365,000 Level 80?
OMG Kreygasm
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by OMG Kreygasm »

simpsons99 wrote:

You missed a great show. It was revealed that MARP won.
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

OMG Kreygasm wrote:
simpsons99 wrote:

You missed a great show. It was revealed that MARP won.
pretty sure everyone knew that
If you have a FB Account I'm Brian Allen
On KLOV and other sites I'm Simpsons99
Arcade Game Scores
DKJR 1,073,800 Level F Kill screen !
DK3 TG MED Skill Level 1,365,000 Level 80?
INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by INNUENDO »

Very late to say something, but was a honour for me play by your side like a team. I hadn´t free time enough and I did not like 80% of the game list. Even in this way, I had a lot of fun. Thank you and I hope we can play together in 2016. :)
Long life to good games