MARP Election 2015 - Call for Nominations

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

MARP Election 2015 - Call for Nominations

Post by Zhorik »

It's time to nominate coordinators for 2015-2016.

Please submit nominations for the following positions:

Knockout (MAME Championship) Coordinators (ideally there are 3 Knockout Coordinators)
- This has been the primary annual competition for MARP in recent years with a lot of participation and prestige.
- Can choose any game for any round at any point. They may change the game before it is announced, but cannot change the game unless agreed to by a 2/3 vote from the general public after the game is announced.
- Can choose any format for the MAME Championships at any point before the tournament begins. They can only change the format after a tournament begins by a 2/3 vote from the general public.
- Must enforce the rules of the MAME Championships at all times.
- Must attempt to advertise the MAME Championships before and after the tournament.
- (Knockout Chairman Only) Must organize at least one public meeting before the tournament and run those meetings unless he designates another coordinator to do this job. (Note: in practice this hasn’t occurred in any recent year).

Regulation Coordinator
- Must maintain the regulation rules web page when necessary. Must report the update to the assistant and main web page maintainers.
- Must enforce the voting of any relevant regulation votes.
- Can extend any particular vote from the default of seven days for any good reason.
- Can reduce the length or reject any particular vote from the default of seven days for any good reason. However, this decision can be overruled by a 2/3 vote from the general public.

Tournament Coordinator
- May reject a game for the tournament for any good reason.
- May choose the final x games of the tournament at any point up to seven days in advance of the beginning of the tournament. He may change the games after this point only by a 2/3 vote from the general public.
- May set any rule for the tournament as long as the spirit of the tournament remains intact up to seven days in advance of the beginning of the tournament. He may change rules after this point only by a 2/3 vote from the general public.
- Must organize at least one public meeting before the tournament and run that meeting.
- Must enforce the rules of the tournament at all times.
- Must attempt to advertise the tournament before and after the tournament.
- Note that the MARP tournament has either not occurred or had light participation in recent years, so we shouldn’t feel compelled to fill the position if there is no interest.

Week Challenge Championship (WCC) Coordinator
- Organize and run the Week Challenge Championship
- Note that the WCC has either not occurred or had light participation in recent years, so we shouldn’t feel compelled to fill the position if there is no interest.
Olympiad Coordinator
- Organize and run the MARP Olympiad
- Note that the Olympiad has either not occurred or had light participation in recent years, so we shouldn’t feel compelled to fill the position if there is no interest.
Time Trial Coordinator
- Organize and run the Time Trial Competition
- Note that the Time Trail has either not occurred or had light participation in recent years, so we shouldn’t feel compelled to fill the position if there is no interest.

Nomination rules:

1. Nominations of coordinators will last from right now to November 25, 23:59 GMT.

2. Any member may nominate himself or any other member during this time period. Either publicly state your nomination on this thread, or email or PM me.

3. If a member is nominated, that person must either publicly state on this thread his intention to run for the nominated position, or email or PM me his intention. (My e-mail is gastrainga2001@yahoo.com)

4. A member must have submitted his/her first recording before July 1 2015 in order to qualify as a coordinator. (NOTE: There is no minimum length of membership or activity requirement in order to nominate somebody else).

5. Any editor may be a coordinator. The same person cannot hold knockout and tournament coordinator positions.

6. Failure to announce intention of running by November 28, 23:59 GMT will be considered rejection of the nomination.

7. I will report the current state of nominations/acceptations/rejections on this thread once a day (or so).

8. If there are no nominations for the Tournament, WCC, Olympiad or Time Trial Coordinator positions, those positions will be treated as "dead" until somebody decides to resurrect them.

9. The timeline I'm using for the elections is slightly different than what is in the elecition rules. This is because I'm announcing the elections a bit late. We will be using the timeline in this post.

Please only accept a nomination if you are committed to fulfilling its responsibilities.

Election voting will begin on December 1, 00:00 GMT and will end on December 10, 23:59 GMT. In addition to electing coordinators, voting will include Editor confidence votes.

See http://replay.marpirc.net/rules/election.htm for general MARP Election Procedures.
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Re: MARP Election 2015 - Call for Nominations

Post by Zhorik »

No nominations have been received so far.

I'll start things out with a few nominations. I nominate RAX, Zerst and BBH for KO Coordinators, Barthax for Regulation Coordinator, and Wolfman24 for Tournament Coordinator.
Zerstorung
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Zerstorung »

I nominate mahlemiut for Regulation Coordinator
I nominate Zhorik and ptudose for Knockout Coordinator
I nominate TRB for Tournament Coordinator
I nominate myself for Time Trial Coordinator

I accept nomination for Knockout Coordinator
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Nominations so far are listed below. New nominations will be allowed until November 25, 23:59 GMT. Nominations can be accepted by the nominee until November 28, 23:59 GMT.

Current state of nominations (Bold means nomination was accepted, underlined means nomination was declined)

Knockout Coordinators:
Zerstorung
BBH
ptudose (aka phil t)
RAX
Zhorik (aka gastrainga)

Regulation Coordinator:
Barthax
mahlemiut

Tournament Coordinator:
TRB_MetroidTeam
Wolfman24

Time Trial Coordinator
Zerstorung
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

Slightly out of topic.
If we're having nominations for next coordinators, does this mean that Redstar & co. who had to coordinate KO, can't and won't coordinate a "late" 2015 KO?
wolfman24
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by wolfman24 »

I accept the nomination for Tournament Coordinator
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

giro-X wrote:Slightly out of topic.
If we're having nominations for next coordinators, does this mean that Redstar & co. who had to coordinate KO, can't and won't coordinate a "late" 2015 KO?
I suspect the 2015 KO is not going to take place at this point as there have been no updates about it in a long time.

That said, if the 2015 KO Coordinators still want to hold a KO in the near future and make that clear, we could most likely schedule the 2015 KO around the end of this year or early 2016 then have the 2016 KO in the second half of 2016.

-George
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Nominations so far are listed below. New nominations will be allowed until November 25, 23:59 GMT. Nominations can be accepted by the nominee until November 28, 23:59 GMT.

Current state of nominations (Bold means nomination was accepted, underlined means nomination was declined)

Knockout Coordinators:
Zerstorung
BBH
ptudose (aka phil t)
RAX
Zhorik (aka gastrainga)

Regulation Coordinator:
Barthax
mahlemiut

Tournament Coordinator:
Wolfman24
TRB_MetroidTeam

Time Trial Coordinator
Zerstorung
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

As a reminder, nominations for coordinators end today, November 25, 23:59GMT. If all nominees for a position end up rejecting their nomination for that position, I will allow new nominations for that position until November 28, 23:59 GMT.
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

I nominate myself for regulation + BBH, Rax, Sawys for Tournament
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

I usually nominate someone but, as far as now, I'm pretty satisfied with the choices and hope that enough people accept their calls.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

I'll accept
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Nominations are listed below. New nominations will no longer. Nominations can be accepted by the nominee until November 28, 23:59 GMT. If all nominees for a position end up rejecting their nomination for that position, I will allow new nominations for that position until November 28, 23:59 GMT, otherwise no new nominations will be accepted.

Knockout Coordinators:
Zerstorung
BBH
ptudose (aka phil t)
RAX
Zhorik (aka gastrainga)

Regulation Coordinator:
mahlemiut
Barthax
Phil Lamat

Tournament Coordinator:
Wolfman24
BBH
RAX
Sawys
TRB_MetroidTeam

Time Trial Coordinator
Zerstorung
FYI - Zerst intends to rename the Time Trial to the "MAME Speedrunning League" which I think is an excellent idea.

Phil, let me know if I got your nominations correct and if you intended to both nominate and accept your nomination for Regulation Coordinator.

-George
Barthax
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Barthax »

I will decline the Regulation Coordinator. Two better nominations are there already.
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Zhorik wrote:Phil, let me know if I got your nominations correct and if you intended to both nominate and accept your nomination for Regulation Coordinator.
Everything is ok, and yes I accept