The fall of the Gods

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Cicca
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

The fall of the Gods

Post by Cicca » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:37 pm

Todd Rogers first, and Billy Mitchell then.....one never did the claimed score, the other cheated in a ridiculous way.....looks like we'd regret PAC...at least, he used to cheat in a more talented way.... :roll:
What do you guys, with much deeper knowledge in the arcades than me, think about the matter, and on TG ...?!?

Novice
The greatest info supplyer

Re: The fall of the Gods

Post by Novice » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:25 am

Cicca wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:37 pm
Todd Rogers first, and Billy Mitchell then.....one never did the claimed score, the other cheated in a ridiculous way.....looks like we'd regret PAC...at least, he used to cheat in a more talented way.... :roll:
What do you guys, with much deeper knowledge in the arcades than me, think about the matter, and on TG ...?!?
DEFCON=3
Just my personal opinion.
"most of top players are not interested in local fake database."
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE

giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Re: The fall of the Gods

Post by giro-X » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:16 am

I've read a lot about these, actually just from private messages/chats with people interested about the facts... tbh, I'm not really sure I fully understood everything in detail, and a true topic put under discussion here is about TG's way of authentication of scores, which I personally poorly know - so I can't really express myself there.

One sure thing I'd like to disagree with, there's no god falling because the players involved were not gods in the first place. Nobody would deserve that title, there's monstrous capabilities in certain players but everyone's a human and, while we hope there's always fairness where there's potential, we can't be too much surprised if we discover tricks. It's in human nature, it can come from everyone.

I appreciate all these efforts made to figure out the truth, they are always welcome. I'm not exempted from being cynic and think how many similar cases could pop up in future :/