To Hisa (and Team2ch)

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

BBH
Editor

To Hisa (and Team2ch)

Post by BBH »

since I don't want to abuse my editor superpowers on a decription, I may as well just post here.

Hisa, you seem to have missed the point of my comment. Your team is made up of 38 (and counting?) members. If you have that many people uploading, OF COURSE they're going to surpass one person who's uploading scores by himself. My point is that I had a better "team to players" ratio than Team2ch. If I got one person to join this "team", I would have more 1st places again than you. (while still maintaing a ratio that kicks your ass)

And it's silly to even call "TeamSoDeep" a team. I just changed to a team affiliation as sort of a joke, and other people jumped on the bandwagon... and then I started changing the team name every now and then just for the hell of it. Since you seem to have misunderstood this, and the joke is pretty much dead... I've gone back to just being regular BBH. So, get back to me when you have over 200 first places BY YOURSELF.

And for the record, this is not a knock on Team2ch's gameplay abilities. Practically every recording that is submitted is nothing short of awesome. I don't have a problem with any member on the team... just you, Hisa.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Join TeamPoppy! :lol:

Anyway, I guess Hisa is going after Innuendo and co. now.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

Is Team2ch really a "team"?Reality is so fuckin' different...
(and if you didn't understand,feel free to send me a PM or an E-mail)
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Some people should make a team, or somethin. heh.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

I'm sure "TeamMahjong" will rule all eventually. :)
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Attencion

Post by INNUENDO »

Look. I don't have a team. OUR -DF is Distrito Federal. Federal District, name of our state.

Me, Thunder, Moreno or JLr, don't have a team. I want beat MORENO on his games, he's a rival for me. Friends, friends, high scores apart.

I won't take out my -DF because this is my proud. Name of my state, my country, and is important for me this DF.

Please I don[t want fights. If team2ch wants beat my scores, know. I'm don't make teams, ok?? this is my official word.
Long life to good games
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

nothing to say on this matter, Hisa? I know you've read this since you edited out the description.
smame
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by smame »

Team2ch is not a real team. It means just I'm reading 2ch. There are not any other meanings.

What is 2ch?
2ch is the most famous message board in Japan. There are tons message boards life, music, movie, television, shopping, .... and retro-games.

One day, I found mame replay tree in 2ch. There are some awesome replays. Someone finished Salamander with 35500 score. What a low score! I can't beleave. :lol:
I wanted more awesome replays. So I visited the most famous replay site MARP. I loved NinjaKid2, but no-one could finish it in MARP. I was disappointed.
Then I said it in 2ch "I can't play so well. But I can finish NinjaKid2. So I will send it to MARP". Someone followed me, "Let's put @Team2ch on our name!". It is the beggining of Team2ch.

Team2ch doesn't have any rules. And I don't know how many people in Team2ch. There isn't member-list.
DRN
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DRN »

smame wrote:Team2ch is not a real team.
Uhhh, so a group of people get together on one site, submit scores all under the same banner calling themselves teamch and they are not a team? It sure comes across that way!
You also said that Teamch doesnt have any rules. You forgot to mention these.

1. Thou shall score only 1st place or instant shame and loss of ego shall arise

2. If said score is beaten it must get erased at the very first opportunity before anyone notices.

3. You must play a really excellent game better than anyone has ever managed before, almost perfect and then put 'I feel embarrased to submit such rubbish' or something along those lines in the comments. :wink:
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

DRN wrote: Uhhh, so a group of people get together on one site, submit scores all under the same banner calling themselves teamch and they are not a team? It sure comes across that way!
No kidding! Why else would Mr. Novice be so proud over having more 1st places than "TeamSoDeep"? Because he thinks of it as a real team. But maybe it's not if the members can't agree on what exactly "Team2ch" represents... hence, the 1st place comment is worthless.

You also said that Teamch doesnt have any rules. You forgot to mention these.

1. Thou shall score only 1st place or instant shame and loss of ego shall arise

2. If said score is beaten it must get erased at the very first opportunity before anyone notices.

3. You must play a really excellent game better than anyone has ever managed before, almost perfect and then put 'I feel embarrased to submit such rubbish' or something along those lines in the comments. :wink:
Actually, these things only seem to apply to Novice/Hisa. Like I said, everyone else in this "team" is cool with me...
MKL
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by MKL »

DRN wrote:
Well, a few 2nd positions are not being deleted... one from Hisa too...
DRN
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DRN »

True, ok I take it back. I was only messing anyway. :wink:
The only thing that gets me is Hisa submits inps which are quite obviously outstanding and he keeps calling them junk and embarrasing etc! I dont understand why he does that.
gameguru
Button Masher
Button Masher

team2ch or HISA

Post by gameguru »

:roll:

Could it be that team2ch is really just HISA??

mmmm, interesting eh?

Think Kale might have a point.....

GG
smame
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by smame »

Sometimes I learn how to play the game by watching good players. MAME replay helps me too. Because it will help someone, I submit my inps. This is my purpose.
But this isn't Team2ch's purpose. Team2ch has not common purpose. Someone(perhaps hisa) wanna beat BBH. Others just wanna submit their inps. The only one thing we have is just we love games.

I think it is better we remove "Team". @2ch is enough. @Jpn is the best. It means just I am Japanese.

Why we use the message board 2ch?
Because most Japanese can't read/write English. They don't know how to submit to MARP. So we have to explain by Japanese.
There are lots great players in Japan. We introduce MARP to them at 2ch.

Because we are not good at English, it often causes misapprehension. Someone wrote 'Junk' in his comment line. He tried to say 'If the great player looks my play, he will say it isn't so good. But this is the best of mine'. He didn't say 'I can play better. But this junk inp is enough for MARP'. He had to write 'This is my best', not 'Junk'.
JoustGod
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by JoustGod »

Will MARP ever see a 2ch member ever submit an .inp using the Twin Galaxies version of MAME? IMHO, it might help their credibility. Perhaps you could make the players of the 2ch message board aware of this, smame.