ESP.RA.DE. Final Scoring - BBH

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

ESP.RA.DE. Final Scoring - BBH

Post by sikraiken »

According to http://www4.big.or.jp/~hor/ , using Altavista's crappy translator, it states this:

When it clears, the bonus below enters.

Concerning remaining life one 1000000 points.
Concerning framework one of life 500000 points.
Concerning stock several one of circles 3000 points.
Concerning guard barrier 1 memory 250 points. (At the time of full tank 1000000 points)

Maybe you'll understand it better than I do. :) They have a score on there of 43 Million for this...12 Million for Dangun Feveron....694 Million for Dodonpachi....274,138,842,917,010 on Gigawing....I mean it's just insane. Blazing Star score of 67 Million...just makes me wanna (cry). ;)
gameboy9
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by gameboy9 »

Just curious, but is Gigawing emulated in MAME?

If not - we better be prepared - MARP's highest score possible is 2^31st - 2,147,000,000 and a bit more - so we'll have to divide the score by a million and advertise a full score in the comments - unless zwaxy changes the code...
Gameboy9 - Founder and coordinator of MARP Time Trials and Olympiad
Founder - Home Action Replay Page - http://www.homeactionreplay.org
http://gameboy9.marpirc.net
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Not yet. I believe the game has been dumped, though. I do not believe anyone is working on a driver for MAME, currently. I think it's on Naomi (I moan, hehe ;P) hardware though. I can only bet that Kale can give us some information. :)
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Technically, Gigawing is emulated. It's CPS-2 hardware, so only XORs are needed. Of course, those haven't been released yet. :(
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

I guess I was wrong. Heh.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Gigawing 2 is NAOMI, so I guess that's what you were thinking of.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

yea. :)
BBH
Editor

Re: ESP.RA.DE. Final Scoring - BBH

Post by BBH »

JoeyL21988 wrote:According to http://www4.big.or.jp/~hor/ , using Altavista's crappy translator, it states this:

When it clears, the bonus below enters.

Concerning remaining life one 1000000 points.
Concerning framework one of life 500000 points.
Concerning stock several one of circles 3000 points.
Concerning guard barrier 1 memory 250 points. (At the time of full tank 1000000 points)
This still doesn't look right to me... I had 11 million and 2 lives left when the boss is killed, so I was assuming each life was worth 3 million (and then there were some tiny bonuses) that were added. I have no idea what the difference is between "remaining life" and "framework one of life"...
Maybe you'll understand it better than I do. :) They have a score on there of 43 Million for this...12 Million for Dangun Feveron....694 Million for Dodonpachi....274,138,842,917,010 on Gigawing....I mean it's just insane. Blazing Star score of 67 Million...just makes me wanna (cry). ;)
there's a 753 million (I think?) inp of Dodonpachi though :) I really wanna see how 274 trillion is done on Giga Wing... I've finished the game with "only" 37 trillion or so.
tmorrow
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by tmorrow »

These scores are incredible. What sort of proof is there of these scores? Several scores are from up to 3-4 years ago. Are there inp's available for any of these? I had a lot of trouble finding information due to translation difficulties. The best I could find were high score tables for some games.
Tim
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

I believe all/most of the scores were played on a machine in Japan somewhere. I'm not sure where "Felix the Cat" lives (from shmups.com) but I guess he has a score or two on there as well. I don't believe any of them have INP's. If we could actually talk to Hisa about this I bet he could give us some links to INP's.
MDenham
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Re: ESP.RA.DE. Final Scoring - BBH

Post by MDenham »

BBH wrote:
there's a 753 million (I think?) inp of Dodonpachi though :) I really wanna see how 274 trillion is done on Giga Wing... I've finished the game with "only" 37 trillion or so.
Uh, that looks more like 274 quadrillion points. I suppose it's full-perfect... oops, wrong game. :->
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Nonononononono man! You gots your math skillz all wrong!

the 010 is the hundreds!
the 917 is the THOUSANDS! Wow! You see? THOUSANDS.
the 842 is the MILLIONS. YEA, this is big boy school now.
the 138 is the BILLIONS. Yea, like Bill Gates. BILLIONS.
the 274 is the TRILLIONS. TRI means 3! Did you know that? :P

I'm sorry, I'm just a bit tired, don't mind me. That is correct though.
MDenham
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by MDenham »

JoeyL21988 wrote:Nonononononono man! You gots your math skillz all wrong!

the 010 is the hundreds!
Actually, that's the units. Bite me, Joey.
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

I'm still right, :P *chomp*
tmorrow
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by tmorrow »

I've just seen the 753.8 Million score on Dodonpachi that BBH was talking about above. I'm still in shock. Simply stunning beyond belief. I can't understand how the player Aichi-Ken avoids the bullets so well. He obtained 850+ hit combo's on 4 occassion over the 6x2+1=13 levels. I've never seen level 13 before, the bullet patterns of the boss are absolutely beautiful - not sure if Aichi-Ken would describe it in that way though.

The inp is at the SHMUPS site http://www.classicgaming.com/shmups/dow ... wnload.htm. You have to download CaveMAME and place it in a pre MAME32B15 folder (needs midas dll's). It uses nvram and all setting must be default with sound rate to 44100. Trust me, if you are a shoot-em-up fan it's worth it.

I don't know what defines the MAME32 variant called CaveMAME - it has only 6 games so is much smaller.

I'm not sure why the SHMUPS site only credits the game with 699 Million - is the 13th level not counted?