An important announcement

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

gameboy9
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

An important announcement

Post by gameboy9 »

Well - as everybody knows - I like giving others the chance to lead some portion of MARP, in one way or another - I like to keep everybody involved.

I also believe that offices should be rotated, the Andrew Jackson belief, not to let one person run an office for too long.

With this in mind, I'm going to retire from Web Page Maintaining and editorship effective at 2359 GMT on April 23, 2002, exactly 2 years and 4 months after taking the maintainer job.

Will I be leaving totally? Of course not - I will still do Olympiad coordination, implementing many of the suggestions that you've given, in 2003. I'll also be around, taking the more relaxing position of "confirmer" - still chatting - but I think it's time to get a burden off of me, especially when I start commuting 3 hours / day, 4 days / week to college for the next year.

For the future of the positions, Pat Laffaye will take over assistant web page maintaining until Zwaxy finds a suitable replacement. The editors will determine the replacement of the 7th editor. I'm sure both entities will find a fine successor and keep MARP going the way it's always been. Maybe they'll make MARP even better than before. :)

... but I'll tell you something - if yall screw up... I'll be back. :D
Last edited by gameboy9 on Tue Apr 23, 2002 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gameboy9 - Founder and coordinator of MARP Time Trials and Olympiad
Founder - Home Action Replay Page - http://www.homeactionreplay.org
http://gameboy9.marpirc.net
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

I just wanted to say, you've done an excellent job with being an editor, and with maintaining the webpage. You are a generous man, Gameboy9 - wanting other people to have a chance in your place. I wish you well in college. Let's just hope someone screws up so you can come back. ;)
tmorrow
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by tmorrow »

Thanks Gameboy9 for all your efforts over the past couple of years, you've set a high standard for the any new editors to strive for.

I wish you luck in your studies. I must say your travel time to college is wicked, maybe a MAME laptop is in order for those long trips ;-) BTW what are you studying? I don't suppose it is Comp Sci with a major in Computer Graphics/Games.

Cheers,
Tim
Abbe
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Abbe »

Sad to see you go. We're all thankful for all the work you've put into the site the last years.

I know your feeling though, I'm away teaching more than half of the time and there's simply no time doing things in the few free hours left. I mean, you really have to play some games once in awhile too. :)

By all means get yourself a laptop. I did. But don't smash the screen two weeks after the warranty runs out. I did. :cry:
-Abbe
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

:( This is sad.

A huge thank you for all your work on MARP during the years. I hope you'll return to become an editor sometime in the future when you get more time.

Thank you.

Bye.
INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Sad, but You DO great jobs on MARP

Post by INNUENDO »

Hey Gameboy9. We´ll miss you. Your work on marp is great. Good luck, friend, in your life with many work to have a good future in your life. Thanks for the helps that you gave for me.

Bye and don´t forget us, ok??

INNUENDO
Long life to good games
AL
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by AL »

Great job Pete , see you soon .

Sorry to see you go , but I now know also of the burdens of ' real life ' .

Question is , who'll be brave enough to takeover :D

Good luck with your studies .

Slán ,

AL
HAL: " It's puzzling . I've never seen anything quite like this before..? "
gameguru
Button Masher
Button Masher

bye

Post by gameguru »

:cry: All the best mate, has it already been that long??

Remember: "Video Games are proof that god wants us all to be happy!"

DOH, or was that beer!! LOL

Game Guru
roncli
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

:(

Post by roncli »

Man, I just found this site!! Oh well, good luck to ya, now you have more time to take back that Dr. Mario score. :mrgreen: Best of luck to you!
-roncli
[Poor sig. :P --SarcasmCli]
gameboy9
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by gameboy9 »

ah... you're the guilty one! :D

No seriously - just took a look at that - well done. I'll see if I can't come back to that. Meanwhile, take a crack at the VS. version of Dr. Mario - I imagine you'll do equally as well.
Gameboy9 - Founder and coordinator of MARP Time Trials and Olympiad
Founder - Home Action Replay Page - http://www.homeactionreplay.org
http://gameboy9.marpirc.net
roncli
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Doc

Post by roncli »

Good luck. ;) The score is quite beatable, I only did it on medium difficulty (2/3 the score of high difficulty), and I died pretty crappy too. In the meantime, I'll take a look at Vs. in between trying to knock down ex-Atari programmer Aaron Hightower's Super Pac-Man scores. :)
-roncli
[Poor sig. :P --SarcasmCli]
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Heh. funny, I was just thinking about figuring out patterns to that game. May the best person win! ;)