Baseball Update.

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

CMP
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Relief Pitcher

Post by CMP »

Now back to my point, Relief Pitcher WASNT made to be played as a normal game. The programmers actually put the full game in as a addition at the end to give it more clout to sell machines, as the major part of the game is the Relief Pitcher mode of the game, where you have to get yourselves out of jam after jam, and that is a LOT more exciting than playing a boring full game that you can do in ANY baseball game.

Also, even IF you consider the 9 innning game only, then I'd still say your scoring system is invalid for Relief Pitcher as it provides it's OWN scoring system, based on how good you do (Money) and should be used instead of your formula.

If you want a BORING (as you said it not me) game of baseball, go play any old baseball game, if you want to test to see how good you are in progressively more difficult situations that are a REAL test of a video baseball player, then play Relief Pitcher!

I want Chad or Phil L. to speak on this, as it was originally stated games with it's own scoring or games would be LEFT alone, and while Championship Baseball has, you are not doing so here.

And one final point, I don't see what one person considers boring has to do with removing a game. You stated to me you consider the relief pitcher mode "boring" and therefore shouldnt be on MARP. Who gave you the permission to say just cause you dont like a game, we dont count it? I thought this was to include all, not exclude?

If this is what I return to MARP to, I shouldn't had returned.
QRS
Editor

RE

Post by QRS »

Geez.. calm down... what is wrong with you??. Try to talk with eachother instead of flaming.. Things often work out better that way..
QRS
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

The main vote was for full games. Relief pitcher has an option to play a full game, but it's scoring system is flawed because you can get bogus points by proloning the game in extra innings, seems like a slam dunk to use a full game AND the voted for scoring system. A split seems doable, but how would you score the "end" of a game, i think you can still get infinite points ($$) by not scoring on the offensive side in relief pitcher mode, keeping on going in infinite extra innings?
-skito
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

Allright, Chris. It seems you are the expert in this game. So I think its wise to take your advice on this game.

If Pat agrees, I would think the best is to split it. One for Relief Pitcher (the way you played it) using the money earned, and one where we play a whole game of 9+ innings using the voted for scoring system.

What do you think Pat?
Frankie
CMP
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

sorry and answers

Post by CMP »

Okay, sorry I just hadnt been here for a while, got an email out of the blue saying my recordings were deleted and the guy doing it also said cause my game was "boring"

so for coming off wrong, sorry...

Now to Chad, there is NO way to leech in Relief mode on Relief Pitcher. How you may ask? Simple, if you don't win, you don't get to add a credit. You put the game on the mode that it was released to 95% of the arcades, and that is this, if you win the scenario, you advance to the next one (and the scoring continues), if you tie or LOSE, your DONE (unless the game itself grants an extra inning) (some scenarios play in the 10th or 11th inning to start)

Now I would allow a coin to be used after the all-star break on Relief Mode if your still alive but other than that, win or go home as TNT would say. Let me power up MAME, check the exact switches and I'll get back to you in this post.
***PL***
Editor

Suggestion: Poll to determine Relief Picther Scoring

Post by ***PL*** »

I'm not going to spilt any one game based on scoring variations alone.

It's up to Marpers, without flaming I might add :), to decide how to score it. It will already have special rules, so pick one!

Start a poll if you wish with only the two scoring options. I will allow simple majority to win this poll AND ONLY FOR THIS POLL, to determine scoring for Relief Pitcher as long as only two special rules scoring options are presented.

Pat,
Regulation Coordinator
CMP
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Pat

Post by CMP »

Pat we are not asking to be split on scoring only, asking for a split based on there is two seperate games in this game.

The traditional 9 inning affair, and the Relief Pitcher mode of the game. Those are the split asking for, not to split the 9inn into 2 scoring modes.

I didnt think I was flaming or whatever you said, and if I was Im sorry.
***PL***
Editor

Post by ***PL*** »

OK, it's split now. I'm very surprised no one submitted a recording for either relief or relief2. This game has been around since mame36!! :o
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

***PL*** wrote:OK, it's split now. I'm very surprised no one submitted a recording for either relief or relief2. This game has been around since mame36!! :o
That's because someone deleted them all :wink:

Allright. Here we go:

RELIEF & RELIEF2 uses the normal Baseball scoring system voted for last year.

RELIEF-RP & RELIEF2-RP use the money earned as your final MARP score, and the game is over as soon as you lose your first match, right Chris?
Frankie
CMP
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Frankie

Post by CMP »

Correct if you lose your done, no re-coin in to go to the next game. (go into settings and add win inning on win and then u dont have to recoin as long as u win)

PS - Are the scores going to be restored?
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

SBASEBAL - Game with Mercy Rule where you can't continue. Some recordings deleted because they didn't play a whole game of 9+ innings. Special Rules updated.
Frankie
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

STADHERO - Game with Mercy Rule where you can't continue. Special Rules updated and some scores adjusted to that we don't continue after winning by Mercy Rule.
Frankie
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

SWS92 - Game with Mercy Rule where you can't continue. Special Rules updated. All recordings deleted as none of them were full games of 9+ innings.

SWS92G - Game with Mercy Rule where you can't continue. Same as SWS92.

SWS93 - Game with Mercy Rule where you can't continue. Special Rules updated. Ocean View: I've deleted your recording for this and the two games above. Please submit new recordings playing a whole game of 9+ innings, if you like :)

SWS95 - This game will be archived as it have the same problem as SWS96 & SWS97. For more information go here:

viewtopic.php?t=9178
Frankie
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

TORNBASE - This game will be archived as its a 2 player game.
Frankie
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

VSBBALJA - Got its own scoring system, which is kind of fun. You have to keep scoring runs to increase score, and stay in the game. Donut: How about those 999 points?

VSBBALL - See VSBBALJA

VSBBALLJ - See VSBBALJA
Frankie