The Official "ZTNet Sucks" Thread

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Abbe
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Abbe »

Since Marp is now 100% down, I'm 100% sure.

I'll take the oppurtunity to blame ZTNet for the plastic box I just found in my refrigerator, content unidentifiable.
-Abbe
Skyline
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Skyline »

Might as well chime in as well and blame ZTNet for Superman 64, the 3DO console, the high cost of gasoline, Michael Bolton's career, Capcom's withdrawl from the arcade arena, the creation of XS Games, and the fact that Bill O'Reilley still has a freakin job. :-#
「シューティング ラブ。」
Dax
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Dax »

K Im on board now :evil:
Metrackle
Mutant Puzzle Freak

Post by Metrackle »

When in Rome (welcome me to last week if you will)...

I blame ZTNet for my falling to 6th in WCC3 Round 1, Action 52, Hulk Hogan movies, the new Ren and Stimpy, Gigli, and Comad.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

There's a new Ren and Stimpy? 8O
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Metrackle
Mutant Puzzle Freak

Post by Metrackle »

mahlemiut wrote:There's a new Ren and Stimpy? 8O
Yes, there are new episodes on Spike TV [a U.S. channel, formally the new TNN (The National Network), formally the old TNN (The Nashville Network)]. The pilot aired many weeks ago, and mass vomiting ensued. Ranging from numerous homosexual overtones ("I'm the pitcher, you're the catcher.") to the fact that they now live inside people's mouths (I thought they had a house?), it was a complete disaster.

As for the other cartoons that air on that channel, Gary the Rat was rather dull despite having Kelsie Gramar's voice, and Striperella was actually pretty good.
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

Metrackle wrote:
mahlemiut wrote:There's a new Ren and Stimpy? 8O
Yes, there are new episodes on Spike TV [a U.S. channel, formally the new TNN (The National Network), formally the old TNN (The Nashville Network)]. The pilot aired many weeks ago, and mass vomiting ensued. Ranging from numerous homosexual overtones ("I'm the pitcher, you're the catcher.") to the fact that they now live inside people's mouths (I thought they had a house?), it was a complete disaster.

As for the other cartoons that air on that channel, Gary the Rat was rather dull despite having Kelsie Gramar's voice, and Striperella was actually pretty good.
the best thing on Spike TV is the reruns of Seven Days. that show was sooooooooo underrated. :)

and to get back on topic, I haven't been able to upload recordings using either of the two forms for the last few days. Fuck you, ZTNet.
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

What is Seven Days btw?
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

BBH, it works..but takes several attempts. I have found this for using any scripted part of the site including doing searches. Any search for me fails about 80% of the time I attempt a search...so 3-4 fail then it finally works.

I'm guessing the server is in a state where perhaps only 1 person can be running a script at the site at a time...so the error is really a "busy" status or something similar....retry a few times and you get "lucky" and get that 1 or one of the few slots available to run and it gets processed.

I think the server just needs resetting or the actual box rebooted. I wonder if there could be a problem with one or the scripts or with something else hosted on the site that results in an infinite loop so it acts like a "leak" type thing zapping the resources available for the server.....happens over and over until you reach a point there are very few resources left so most attempts fail.
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

LN2 wrote:BBH, it works..but takes several attempts. I have found this for using any scripted part of the site including doing searches. Any search for me fails about 80% of the time I attempt a search...so 3-4 fail then it finally works.
no, it doesn't work after several attempts at all for me... or even 20 attempts. I've tried using the regular form and the URL form and neither one works no matter how many times I try. Using the URL form seems to randomly pick the white screen of doom, or "There was an error reading the recording from that address" when I'm sure it's the right one. :(
Kale wrote:What is Seven Days btw?
it's about a secret government agency that develops an experimental time machine using alien technology from the Roswell crash. But it can only go back seven days in time. It's used to send someone back in time to "undo" and prevent tragic things that have happened, like a virus wiping out nearly the entire population of the planet...
AL
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

re....

Post by AL »

Speaking of under-rated programmes......how about ' Dark Skies ' ?

AL
HAL: " It's puzzling . I've never seen anything quite like this before..? "
Metrackle
Mutant Puzzle Freak

Post by Metrackle »

BBH wrote:
LN2 wrote:BBH, it works..but takes several attempts. I have found this for using any scripted part of the site including doing searches. Any search for me fails about 80% of the time I attempt a search...so 3-4 fail then it finally works.
no, it doesn't work after several attempts at all for me... or even 20 attempts. I've tried using the regular form and the URL form and neither one works no matter how many times I try. Using the URL form seems to randomly pick the white screen of doom, or "There was an error reading the recording from that address" when I'm sure it's the right one. :(
Same here, even after a hundred attempts with each form. That was a swell waste of 10-20 minutes.
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

Metrackle wrote:
BBH wrote:
Same here, even after a hundred attempts with each form. That was a swell waste of 10-20 minutes.
The same here too.
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

After three days of not being able to upload from my home computer at all, I am able to upload directly from my computer today. Takes several attempts, and I still cannot upload at all from a URL.

Ironically this is just the opposite of what the situation had been normally prior to a few days ago.
John Cunningham (JTC)
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

well, decided to try from the computer at work (yeah, I have to work on Labor Day). Took me like 8 friggin attempts just to actually be able to log in without getting the white screen of doom. :|

URL form still wouldn't work, so I just downloaded my recordings and used the regular form to submit, some of them went through on the first try and others took several tries. :\ This is going to be really inconvenient since I can't actually play and record anything at work, but I guess this is better than being unable to upload anything period.