To Hisa (and Team2ch)

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

mahlemiut
Editor

Re: point counter point

Post by mahlemiut »

Kale wrote:Ever had the sensation that your score suck even if got the "first place"?Especially when the old 1st is a mere "level 2 lost"?
Heh, I nearly beat my Twinkle Star Sprites high yesterday without even looking like finishing it. 2,256,770 - max hit 51.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

Kale wrote:
BBH wrote: In Reggie's defense, you really shouldn't be ripping on his Moo Mesa score when that's about all that one can do on mame59. (yes, I'm aware that it has apparently been fixed in the next release, but there's obviously nothing that can be done about it at this point in time).
So why submitting for it,then?Is it impossible that people shouldn't send inps for broken games?I'm currently not interested in moo(mainly because I don't want to lose a day for kill one boss),but on what I've understand,he lost his play NOT for the FREEZE bug,but because he lost versus the third boss.And someone who says(arabianm):
Why don't you ask the other people who have submitted on this game, instead of asking me? If you're not interested in the game, why are you complaining about his score?

<<"The true face of the game's AI can only be seen at the hardest level !!!" Reggie I'm not so good to show it to you yet ... >>

Then he didn't beat 4th boss is just a stupid moron.
Wow, what a nice guy you are. Hey, I remember you uploading a Shock Troopers 2nd Squad inp and then deleting it like minutes afterward... what was that all about? Is it because you died on Stage 4? HAHA, ONLY STUPID MORONS DIE THERE! :roll:
Why does somebody should do a comment "related to his opponent scores" and not on "his feelings"?
Ever had the sensation that your score suck even if got the "first place"?Especially when the old 1st is a mere "level 2 lost"?
I've just made a "stupid try" to check if the "things learnt" until level 5 were REALLY learnt or not,after "just" 10 hours of training.But whatever...
I don't care what the reason is, I just hate seeing "Ohh, I suck at this game".
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

BBH wrote:Wow, what a nice guy you are. Hey, I remember you uploading a Shock Troopers 2nd Squad inp and then deleting it like minutes afterward... what was that all about? Is it because you died on Stage 4? HAHA, ONLY STUPID MORONS DIE THERE! :roll:
Note:I also remember that was uploaded with a description like says:"I'm stupid or what?",after three seconds I've changed my mind and deleted that "recording".I've never said to be the best player in it,and I didn't think that was worth to be uploaded,and I'm not currently interested to play it,mainly because it could be a hassle to beat the King(and I didn't yet understand the scoring system)...
About the arabianm thingie,you don't know how much stupid is the 4th boss right?It's likely to lose versus the first boss in Shock Troopers 2...

PS:Record is http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/kal_shoc ... mame36.zip;if somebody wants to laugh...
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

Kale wrote:Wow, what a nice guy you are. Hey, I
Note:I also remember that was uploaded with a description like says:"I'm stupid or what?",after three seconds I've changed my mind and deleted that "recording".I've never said to be the best player in it,and I didn't think that was worth to be uploaded,and I'm not currently interested to play it,mainly because it could be a hassle to beat the King(and I didn't yet understand the scoring system)...
That doesn't make sense... you say you weren't interested in playing it, although you DID play it and then upload a score... only to delete it so fast. You don't have to play the game just to be 1st place, you can play it just for fun ya know.

As for the scoring system, don't you think the best ways to learn about these things are to... oh I dunno, watch .inps? One of the keys to high scores is getting consecutive close-range kills on enemies, you can get the multiplier up to x8 and earn more points per kill, as long as you don't get hit or fire a normal weapon. Also note that there is "leeching" that can be done on the Stage 1 boss to bring the score up to 3 million there alone. All things that could have been learned if my .inp had been watched...

And I'm always willing to educate people on the finer points of Shock Troopers / 2nd Squad, but nobody ever takes me up on that offer. :(
About the arabianm thingie,you don't know how much stupid is the 4th boss right?It's likely to lose versus the first boss in Shock Troopers 2...
I barely know anything about Arabian Magic, because it's too slow on my computer, I'd have to play it in RAINE or something. But there are always instances where there's a boss with a stupidly easy pattern, but it may not be obvious to everyone playing it at first. There's been times I've watched other recordings and found an easier way to to do something like an easier pattern against a boss, and then I start to wonder why I couldn't figure that out before. These things happen, it's not worth calling someone a moron over.
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

BBH wrote: That doesn't make sense... you say you weren't interested in playing it, although you DID play it and then upload a score... only to delete it so fast. You don't have to play the game just to be 1st place, you can play it just for fun ya know.

As for the scoring system, don't you think the best ways to learn about these things are to... oh I dunno, watch .inps? One of the keys to high scores is getting consecutive close-range kills on enemies, you can get the multiplier up to x8 and earn more points per kill, as long as you don't get hit or fire a normal weapon. Also note that there is "leeching" that can be done on the Stage 1 boss to bring the score up to 3 million there alone. All things that could have been learned if my .inp had been watched...

And I'm always willing to educate people on the finer points of Shock Troopers / 2nd Squad, but nobody ever takes me up on that offer. :(
It's not that I wasn't interested,I'm currently not interest in playing it,mainly because it's a Neo-geo game(RTC,that "unknown guy" you know),
and I have no problems in playing a game for FINISHING it and not to take 1st place(Crime City,Gunforce,etc...).
Will be done sometime this summer...

As for the moron thing,I'm sorry.I was just because I was angry for how people weren't serious on that game.Just the same seriousity that striked Strider for about 3/4 years...
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

JoeyL21988 wrote: I feel the same about Namco and Dragon Saber. :)
Notice that the japanese version(dsaberj)gives you three lives on one credit...
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Yea, Barry told me that. But thanks for pointing that out just in case I hadn't known. :) I'll try to finish the game some time...
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Ouch......"Novice@TeamSoCheap". heh. I guess Hisa is learning how to rhyme.
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

JoeyL21988 wrote:Ouch......"Novice@TeamSoCheap". heh. I guess Hisa is learning how to rhyme.
So now Hisa is a novice player on a cheap team? Hey, if he wants to bash himself, that's his concern.

Funny how this thread has over 1000 views and Hisa's hasn't said anything yet... especially when he probably doesn't even know what "So Deep" is. (anyone that's talked to me on #marp would know)
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

And myself. It rocks! :) Hisa probably doesn't look on these boards period.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

JoeyL21988 wrote:And myself. It rocks! :) Hisa probably doesn't look on these boards period.
Well, he's registered, so maybe he does? That's assuming "Novice" is indeed Hisa (who else could it be?).
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Yea, who else would put that their location is "Earth" and "everything" is a secret, and their AIM is "Hello are you there?"
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

where are you seeing Novice@teamSoSleep? i can't find any novice on the memberlist at forums.marpirc.net?

NEVERMIND: there is a page 2, duh.
-skito
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

JoeyL21988 wrote:Yea, who else would put that their location is "Earth" and "everything" is a secret, and their AIM is "Hello are you there?"
Actually, his "AIM" name is "secret" also. The "Hello are you there?" thing is a generic message that's sent for anyone that has an AIM name listed (check the memberlist).

Why so secret? What does he have to hide?
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

Edit: argh, how'd this get posted twice