Automatic mail 2 : poll

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Would you be interested in being mailed text for new posts on board (like old board)?

yes it is better than now
69%
no it is useless
31%

Total votes: 13

Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Automatic mail 2 : poll

Post by Phil Lamat »

here is the poll I've announced to Seymour in previous thread
tmorrow
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by tmorrow »

I see no reason why this couldn't be an option for those with bandwith problems - i.e. on slow dialup. I think there should be an option to select which group you'd like get emails for as you might not want to follow every group by email.
seymour
Site Admin

Post by seymour »

tmorrow wrote:I see no reason why this couldn't be an option for those with bandwith problems - i.e. on slow dialup. I think there should be an option to select which group you'd like get emails for as you might not want to follow every group by email.
With the mod I had done before, it acted like the "watch this topic" feature, where it would monitor just that topic for a new reply, and would then email the person about it. But then it wouldn't email the person again for more new posts until they had checked it (to cut down on the number of emails sent out). The "watch this forum" thing I had made worked pretty much the same way.

Now, if I still had all of that code modded, it would be fairly easy to make it email the contents of every new post - but due to me being stupid, I lost those changes and I'll have to do them all again.

I'll see how much time I have, and how annoyed I get with it. :)

I've been home since Thursday, but I still haven't had time to do anything - it was my grandparents 50th anniversary this weekend, and we were all busy with stuff for that.
Chris Gushue
MARP IRC/Forum Maintainer
http://gushue.net