ESP Ra. De.

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

mahlemiut
Editor

ESP Ra. De.

Post by mahlemiut »

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/rcl_espr ... mame61.zip

Highest score I manged to get it to playback to was around 640k. Used MAME Win32 CLI 0.61, tried 22kHz, 44.1kHz and no sound, all with different results.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

I tried both MAME32 and DOS just in case to see if it would work with one of those, but nope. With varying samplerates, first life is almost always lost around 120k.

Try to avoid recording with sound on for any Cave shooter prior to m37b13, they always end up working better with sound off...
roncli
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by roncli »

Chad, can you take a look at this one? WinXP, Sound On, WinCLI.
-roncli
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

only if you can play it back yourself, can you?
-skito
roncli
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by roncli »

Yes, I play them back before I upload them.

If it doesn't play back, no big deal, as I'm enjoying this game quite a bit, and will play it some more, recording it without sound if necessary.
-roncli
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

just checking... i will try it but i really haven't had much luck with these with sound on. have to get home first.
-skito
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

I had a DOS MAME 61 recording for this game with sound on, I could play it back perfectly, but nobody else could even with the same options. Recording with sound on just isn't that stable for the Cave games, sadly.

With versions MAME 37 Beta 13 and before, recording with sound works fine, provided that you playback with the same samplerate it was recorded with, so specify it in the description. This applies to ESPRade, Dodonpachi, Dangun Feveron, and Guwange (Donpachi seems to be more compatible, strangely). If you insist on using newer versions of MAME for this game, then record with sound off.

You can play the "espradeo" romset with sound in older versions, but prior to mame61 the romset was called "esprade". So merge the roms.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Donpachi has different sound hardware than Dodonpachi, ESP Rade, Guwnage, and so on. As does Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon and Mazinger Z.

Donpachi uses 2 M6295's for sound, and the other two use YM2151s (and it shows).

So basically, the ones on Cave hardware that use the YMZ280B for sound are the problematic ones.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

555k, sorry roncli, no soup for you.
-skito
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »