Stocker

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Stocker

Post by Buttermaker »

Abbe
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Abbe »

Someone says oops and and has deleted the inp. :oops:

Sorry
-Abbe
Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Buttermaker »

Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/d/1/a/bb ... mame70.zip
and
http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/c/5/9/zl ... mame70.zip
too.

Since there isn't a general rule for the 63 problem, "should" we really delete these? it's lame and the people who upload these aren't reading the specials rules, but the question wasn't really answered if half of the people can play these back and the other half can't do these recordings belong in marp or not?
-skito
zlk
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by zlk »

Perhaps people were not being lame when they uploaded the recordings. It might have been the case that there was no special rule in place when these people uploaded. 8O

I don't mind requiring people to record in 62 AFTER an inp shows that the game has the 63 bug and AFTER the special rules section is updated. However, retroactively zeroing inps once a game has been found to have the 63 bug is just lame in my opinion.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

yeah yeah mr. grandfather :) i actually thought they were after the rule was put in (forgot that july as after june.) so it wasn't lame, ok :oops:
-skito
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

zlk wrote:Perhaps people were not being lame when they uploaded the recordings. It might have been the case that there was no special rule in place when these people uploaded. 8O
bingo.
I don't mind requiring people to record in 62 AFTER an inp shows that the game has the 63 bug and AFTER the special rules section is updated. However, retroactively zeroing inps once a game has been found to have the 63 bug is just lame in my opinion.
I couldn't agree more. If I'd known about the bug I would've gladly recorded with 62. But don't penalize me and zlk because we didn't have the psychic abilities to see this coming.

EDIT: oops, didn't see Chad's reply...
Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Buttermaker »

Ray Atkinson's stocker still needs to be zeroed.
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

hmm, don't you guys even check the playback of your own inps?

I have a handful of games that for whatever reason don't playback correctly for me....yet I see many others with submitted scores for the game and wonder why they don't see the same issue I do.

It's puzzling sometimes....but given I'm on a mac there certainly could be differences there....although for 99% of games I have played in macmame vs mame or testing inp playback etc. I have only come across a few that have this issue.

I have set a new high score for a couple of them but don't submit it cuz I can't even get the inp to playback reliably on my own system.

On the other hand, there are a few special rules here saying you must use this or that version of mame for certain games for the playback to work that aren't an issue with MacMAME. That surprises me a bit more actually.
Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Buttermaker »