Rampart : not a spam :)

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Rampart : not a spam :)

Post by Chad »

http://marp.retrogames.com/r/rampart
http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/6/c/9/wa ... olf101.zip

I think a newbie issue of not reading the special rules is to blame. Doesn't playback for me, need two more verifications if playback doesn't work to zero.
-skito
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

The special rule probably ought to be revised with mention that disabling sound in a recent version of MAME isn't going to help anyway.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Zwaxy
MARP Founder

Post by Zwaxy »

What's the situation here? It used to be that rampart only worked with sound disabled, and now it doesn't work whether sound is enabled or not?
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

Zwaxy wrote:What's the situation here? It used to be that rampart only worked with sound disabled, and now it doesn't work whether sound is enabled or not?
-nosound no longer disables the sound hardware emulation, so any playback problems caused by it are not avoided by using that option.

For this game WolfMAME .83 with -nosound is probably the way to go.

Wonder why the pokey fix didn't help this game?
John Cunningham (JTC)
welby1
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by welby1 »

Is the sound still an issue? I submitted with sound a couple years ago, and it had no problem getting confirmed. I couldn't imagine playing without sound for the drums/time warning.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

sound apparently wont be an issue in wolf113, but still sound affecting playback is still a problem in official wolf112 (unless someone compiled another version that includes haze's mentioned sound rework for wolf112u3.)
-skito
Haze
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Haze »

you'll still have to do some testing, but the goal is obviously to have MAME as deterministic as possible, and the new sound system should help there.

no promises, but certainly worth running over the usual suspects with 113 to see if there has been an improvement. (games which fail due to rand / time issues may still fail tho)