MARP Election 2012 - Call for Nominations

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

MARP Election 2012 - Call for Nominations

Post by Zhorik »

It's (past) time to nominate coordinators for 2012. I’m running elections late so I’m adjusting timelines accordingly.

Please submit nominations for the following positions:

Knockout (MAME Championship) Coordinators (ideally there are 3 Knockout Coordinators)
- This has been the primary annual competition for MARP in recent years with a lot of participation and prestige.
- Can choose any game for any round at any point. They may change the game before it is announced, but cannot change the game unless agreed to by a 2/3 vote from the general public after the game is announced.
- Can choose any format for the MAME Championships at any point before the tournament begins. They can only change the format after a tournament begins by a 2/3 vote from the general public.
- Must enforce the rules of the MAME Championships at all times.
- Must attempt to advertise the MAME Championships before and after the tournament.
- (Knockout Chairman Only) Must organize at least one public meeting before the tournament and run those meetings unless he designates another coordinator to do this job. (Note: in practice this hasn’t occurred in any recent year).

Regulation Coordinator
- Must maintain the regulation rules web page when necessary. Must report the update to the assistant and main web page maintainers.
- Must enforce the voting of any relevant regulation votes.
- Can extend any particular vote from the default of seven days for any good reason.
- Can reduce the length or reject any particular vote from the default of seven days for any good reason. However, this decision can be overruled by a 2/3 vote from the general public.

Tournament Coordinator
- May reject a game for the tournament for any good reason.
- May choose the final x games of the tournament at any point up to seven days in advance of the beginning of the tournament. He may change the games after this point only by a 2/3 vote from the general public.
- May set any rule for the tournament as long as the spirit of the tournament remains intact up to seven days in advance of the beginning of the tournament. He may change rules after this point only by a 2/3 vote from the general public.
- Must organize at least one public meeting before the tournament and run that meeting.
- Must enforce the rules of the tournament at all times.
- Must attempt to advertise the tournament before and after the tournament.
- Note that the MARP tournament has either not occurred or had light participation in recent years, so we shouldn’t feel compelled to fill the position if there is no interest.

Week Challenge Championship (WCC) Coordinator
- Organize and run the Week Challenge Championship
- Note that the WCC has either not occurred or had light participation in recent years, so we shouldn’t feel compelled to fill the position if there is no interest.
Olympiad Coordinator
- Organize and run the MARP Olympiad
- Note that the Olympiad has either not occurred in recent years, so we shouldn’t feel compelled to fill the position if there is no interest.
Time Trial Coordinator
- Organize and run the Time Trial Competition
- Note that the Time Trail has either not occurred in recent years, so we shouldn’t feel compelled to fill the position if there is no interest.

Nomination rules:

1. Nominations of coordinators will last from right now to April 17, 23:59 GMT. Since I’m starting elections late, I've extended the nomination and nomination acceptance periods by a few days. We will be using the dates I've specified here.

2. Any member may nominate himself or any other member during this time period. Either publicly state your nomination on this thread, or email or PM me.

3. If a member is nominated, that person must either publicly state on this thread their intention to run for the nominated position, or email or PM me their intention. (My e-mail is gastrainga2001@yahoo.com)

4. A member must have submitted his/her first recording before December 1 2011 in order to qualify as a coordinator. (NOTE: There is no minimum length of membership or activity requirement in order to nominate somebody else).

5. Any editor may be a coordinator. The same person cannot hold regulation, knockout or tournament coordinator positions.

6. Failure to announce intention of running by April 22, 23:59 GMT will be considered rejection of the nomination.

7. I will report the current state of nominations/acceptations/rejections on this thread once a day (or so).

8. If there are no nominations for the Tournament, WCC, Olympiad or Time Trial Coordinator positions, those positions will be treated as "dead" until somebody decides to resurrect them.

Please only accept a nomination if you are committed to fulfilling its responsibilities.

Election voting will begin on April 24, 00:00 GMT and will end on May 3, 23:59 GMT. In addition to electing coordinators, voting will include Editor confidence votes.

See http://replay.marpirc.net/rules/election.htm for general MARP Election Procedures.
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Re: MARP Election 2012 - Call for Nominations

Post by Zhorik »

No nominations have been received so far.
RAX
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by RAX »

TRB-Metroid Team for KnockOut
Phil Lamat for Timetrial
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

I agree with Rax...

TRB-Metroid Team for KnockOut
Phil Lamat for Timetrial
nii-san
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by nii-san »

TRB Metroid Team for KnockOut.
Marco Marocco
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by Marco Marocco »

Valter for KO
Phil for Time Trial
Nii San for Tournament
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Nominations so far:

Knockout Coordinators
TRB-Metroid Team

Tournament Coordinator
nii-san

Time Trial Coordinator
Phil Lamat
ballas
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by ballas »

Not sure if BBH has time for any position but agree with the below. If anyone votes themselves available I will consider them in my vote. For now my votes are:

Knockout Coordinators TRB-Metroid Team
Tournament Coordinator nii-san
Time Trial Coordinator Phil Lamat
KVD
Koos van Dyk
Johannesburg
SOUTH AFRICA
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

ballas wrote:For now my votes are:
Koos, we aren't actually voting yet :) We're still just doing nominations. Voting will start on 4/24. I left a wide time window for nominations and voting this year to encourage participation since I'm not running elections on the normally scheduled dates.

There have been no new nominations since yesterday.

-George
ballas
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by ballas »

Zhorik wrote:
ballas wrote:For now my votes are:
Koos, we aren't actually voting yet :) We're still just doing nominations. Voting will start on 4/24. I left a wide time window for nominations and voting this year to encourage participation since I'm not running elections on the normally scheduled dates.
There have been no new nominations since yesterday.
-George
Sorry should have used the word nomination not votes :lol:
KVD
Koos van Dyk
Johannesburg
SOUTH AFRICA
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

There have been no new nominations.

Nominations so far:

Knockout Coordinators
TRB-Metroid Team

Tournament Coordinator
nii-san

Time Trial Coordinator
Phil Lamat
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by TRB_MetroidTeam »

Hi all!

Thanks for my nomination friends, unfortunatelly I reject it, mainly because at this moment I can't ensure I will have enough free time to run it as desired/required.
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions
RAX
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by RAX »

Sorry to hear that, TRB :(

So for the KnockOut I nominate BBH+MJS+Notman, would like to see them together again
It's time for the awesome K5 remake :)

Regulation coordinator: BBH, Zhorik, PhilLamat
Chufoglu
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Chufoglu »

KnockOut
BBH+MJS+Notman

Tournament
empardopo

Time Trial