It's (past) time to nominate coordinators for 2012. I’m running elections late so I’m adjusting timelines accordingly.
Please submit nominations for the following positions:Knockout (MAME Championship) Coordinators (ideally there are 3 Knockout Coordinators)
- This has been the primary annual competition for MARP in recent years with a lot of participation and prestige.
- Can choose any game for any round at any point. They may change the game before it is announced, but cannot change the game unless agreed to by a 2/3 vote from the general public after the game is announced.
- Can choose any format for the MAME Championships at any point before the tournament begins. They can only change the format after a tournament begins by a 2/3 vote from the general public.
- Must enforce the rules of the MAME Championships at all times.
- Must attempt to advertise the MAME Championships before and after the tournament.
- (Knockout Chairman Only) Must organize at least one public meeting before the tournament and run those meetings unless he designates another coordinator to do this job. (Note: in practice this hasn’t occurred in any recent year).Regulation Coordinator
- Must maintain the regulation rules web page when necessary. Must report the update to the assistant and main web page maintainers.
- Must enforce the voting of any relevant regulation votes.
- Can extend any particular vote from the default of seven days for any good reason.
- Can reduce the length or reject any particular vote from the default of seven days for any good reason. However, this decision can be overruled by a 2/3 vote from the general public. Tournament Coordinator
- May reject a game for the tournament for any good reason.
- May choose the final x games of the tournament at any point up to seven days in advance of the beginning of the tournament. He may change the games after this point only by a 2/3 vote from the general public.
- May set any rule for the tournament as long as the spirit of the tournament remains intact up to seven days in advance of the beginning of the tournament. He may change rules after this point only by a 2/3 vote from the general public.
- Must organize at least one public meeting before the tournament and run that meeting.
- Must enforce the rules of the tournament at all times.
- Must attempt to advertise the tournament before and after the tournament.
- Note that the MARP tournament has either not occurred or had light participation in recent years, so we shouldn’t feel compelled to fill the position if there is no interest.Week Challenge Championship (WCC) Coordinator
- Organize and run the Week Challenge Championship
- Note that the WCC has either not occurred or had light participation in recent years, so we shouldn’t feel compelled to fill the position if there is no interest. Olympiad Coordinator
- Organize and run the MARP Olympiad
- Note that the Olympiad has either not occurred in recent years, so we shouldn’t feel compelled to fill the position if there is no interest.Time Trial Coordinator
- Organize and run the Time Trial Competition
- Note that the Time Trail has either not occurred in recent years, so we shouldn’t feel compelled to fill the position if there is no interest.Nomination rules:
1. Nominations of coordinators will last from right now to April 17, 23:59 GMT. Since I’m starting elections late, I've extended the nomination and nomination acceptance periods by a few days. We will be using the dates I've specified here.
2. Any member may nominate himself or any other member during this time period. Either publicly state your nomination on this thread, or email or PM me.
3. If a member is nominated, that person must either publicly state on this thread their intention to run for the nominated position, or email or PM me their intention. (My e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org
4. A member must have submitted his/her first recording before December 1 2011 in order to qualify as a coordinator. (NOTE: There is no minimum length of membership or activity requirement in order to nominate somebody else).
5. Any editor may be a coordinator. The same person cannot hold regulation, knockout or tournament coordinator positions.
6. Failure to announce intention of running by April 22, 23:59 GMT will be considered rejection of the nomination.
7. I will report the current state of nominations/acceptations/rejections on this thread once a day (or so).
8. If there are no nominations for the Tournament, WCC, Olympiad or Time Trial Coordinator positions, those positions will be treated as "dead" until somebody decides to resurrect them.
Please only accept a nomination if you are committed to fulfilling its responsibilities.
Election voting will begin on April 24, 00:00 GMT and will end on May 3, 23:59 GMT. In addition to electing coordinators, voting will include Editor confidence votes.
for general MARP Election Procedures.