Games V18.2 --- Reflect Test

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Gerhard S
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Games V18.2 --- Reflect Test

Post by Gerhard S »

give me the 5 lights for the game "Reflect Test"

i have only 3 lights on my tastatur
Gerhard & Crew Pinballs
http://schindler-gerhard.de/
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Re: Games V18.2 --- Reflect Test

Post by The TJT »

Gerhard S wrote:give me the 5 lights for the game "Reflect Test"

i have only 3 lights on my keyboard
Yeah, and they don't help much :)
I've been playing the game some today, very addictive. Playing with keyboard too. Too many times I mix the buttons. Original "controller" would be...umm...sweet?
Beware Donut! 8)
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by TRB_MetroidTeam »

The TJT wrote:I've been playing the game some today, very addictive. Playing with keyboard too.
Me too. I agree.
How are the original arcade controls in these games? I tryed KLOV.COM .
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

I think original controls are 5 buttons that have lights inside.

I'm still trying and improving. My best average so far is 0,167. Fastest single push is 0,123(in the middle) and 0,141(not middle).
There's still some room for improvement, getting pushing to be a reflex, not thinking at all. My greatest problem is not speed though, which is improving each play...biggest problem is that I hit the wrong button quite often. I guess more practice should take care of that. Especially mistakes come when trying to be very fast, I get trigger happy? Maybe my finger layout at keyboard is wrong, anyway too late to change now.

Game has a bit awkward scoring. You can get better score from slower push depending on which button it was, what was the previous button, how much time there is between pushes. I think. Based on those facts game decides whether to give 1000, 900 or less "raw points" from a push.
Max is 900k= 15(ludicruous speeed average) x 1000(perfect speed one push) x 10(pushes in a round) x 6(rounds).
Not sure if you can get 10 perfect(1000) pushes in same series though. My best is 5 so far.

Also tried the game just pushing one button, seems that my reaction time is somewhere around 0,1 seconds, even under when concentrating very well. Obviously can not reach that speed at the game because choosing from 5 buttons to push makes things slower.
What's the reaction time for running athletes before it's a false start? I think I heard it's 0,1 ;)
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Re:

The TJT wrote:Game has a bit awkward scoring.
I entirely agree. I am until now trying to understand, and nothing solid was discovered. I think there is something "extra" that is accumulated bar-by-bar, and sometimes it reaches an internal "goal" and so the game give you 1,000 , 1,500 , etc extra points.
The TJT wrote:You can get better score from slower push depending on which button it was, what was the previous button, how much time there is between pushes. I think.
I think you are incorrect here. Your impression is because of the fact I sad above, I think.

If someone have a clue, let me know.

The potential maximum in usg252 is 1,100,000, but the maximum I get with pause/savestate was 1,074,000 (!?!?). And usg185 the potential is 1,320,000!

TRB

============================

I have this result / time bonus table (obviously get with savestates for testing):

Result / Average / TimeBonus:
IMPOSSIBLE...BLINDING!!! / 001 ~ 099 / 20
LUDICROUS SPEED!!!!!!!!! / 100 ~ 199 / 15
WAM!,BAM!,THANK YOU MAM! / 200 ~ 299 / 12
SPEEDING BULLET REACTION / 300 ~ 399 /10

============================

And see the attachment, an .xls file, to help someone trying to figure out the score system of this game.
Attachments
USG_StatsDetails_TRB.zip
(12.61 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Any hints?
Anyone playing this game?
I'm just curious if someone figure out the score system 100%.